The Merchandiser and Counselor (M&C) is responsible for providing world-class store service to our retail partners. This includes merchandising Scotts' products in the partner stores, in-store selling to and counseling with consumers and retail customers, executing store sets and constructing promotional materials. Selling to and counseling with consumers responsibilities consist of understanding and seeking out consumers needs, and then filling the consumers' needs with Scotts products. Merchandisers and Counselors also influence and educate retail customers on the selection and use of Scotts products as appropriate. This role works closely with the Sales Manager and store personnel to provide input and feedback on sales related issues, opportunities and inventory needs.
• Merchandise Scotts products by executing seasonal resets; restocking shelves, racks, and displays; cleaning and facing product; repairing or removing damaged items; re-labeling grass seed and other products.
• Install and maintain point of purchase materials.
• Initiate interactions with consumers in stores to understand their needs and fill their needs with Scotts' products. Provide recommendations and product knowledge to both consumers and retail customer associates.
• Assemble fixtures and in-store displays.
• Conduct consumer counseling sessions including lawn and garden educational clinics, promotional events and in-aisle consumer education as needed. Fill consumer needs with Scotts' products
• Complete all required reports in a timely and accurate manner. (e.g. time sheets, surveys etc.)
• Utilize proper safety techniques and equipment and report incidents to Safety/Management in a timely fashion.
Scotts is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.