Accounting Associate at High Growth Startup
We are seeking a self-starting, innovative, process-oriented Accounting Associate in our New York office to support our explosive global growth. Company Background
The Company is a high growth trading and contract manufacturing firm focused on supply chain optimization. We engage in trade, trade finance, logistical solutions, manufacturing, sourcing, and global distribution. We are a highly motivated team with a shared passion for entrepreneurship, working in a fast-paced environment.
We have launched 3 global offices in New York, Shanghai, and Manila. New York operations are based in Nassau County, Long Island.Responsibilities
● Support Accounting Department Controller for execute of day-to-day Accounting operations
○ Revenue recognition - customer invoices, discounts, rebates, and payment receipts
○ COGS and SG&A payables processing initiated by Accounting support staff
○ Process payables cash outflows in Accounting and Treasury modules
○ Reconcile bank accounts and credit card statements
● Assist in implementation of change processes and build processes for our growing organization
● Adhoc support on financial planning, analysis, and reporting - develop recommendations for Company action Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate has worked in:
● (1) an audit role for a Big 4 (or comparable) accounting firm or (2) an operational consulting shop covering accounting engagements or (3) has in-industry experience
● 2 to 3 years experience in accounting
● Deep proficiency with General Ledger systems
● Experience working within international operations and high growth companies
● Experience with relational databases Company Culture
We value strong analytical, problem-solving mindsets and those with sound business judgment who can clearly identify issues, then present creative and practical solutions via effective communication.
Our business is global trade. This is a massively fragmented market which is very information poor. We are in the business of taking market share from other operators in the space. We don’t grow market share. We take market share. To succeed, we must operate smarter, faster, and better than everyone in global trade.
Therefore, the ideal candidate must have the hunger and the drive to want to make our team win. The ideal candidate must have a growth mentality. The ideal candidate must have tough-skin and must be able to “run with it.” If you believe you are the right fit, demonstrate to us why you are the right fit. If so, we very much look forward to meeting with you. Qualifications
● Hard Skills
○ Strong analytical and quantitative abilities
○ Excellent Microsoft Office skills - Excel, Outlook, and Word
● Soft Skills
○ Superb verbal and written communication skills - demonstrated ability to structure logical arguments in verbal and written presentations
■ Highly creative, with the ability to understand the perspectives of others and the ability to communicate both effectively and compellingly
○ Proactive and motivated self-starter - ability to take ownership and run projects/tasks independently with limited resources
■ Assertive, with a high degree of self-confidence and good executive presence
○ Organized, disciplined, and process-oriented
○ Team player - teamwork is essential to our successes
○ Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail
○ Flexible and willing to adjust in a fast and challenging environment Incentives
● Competitive compensation
● Meritocracy Interview Questions to Submit with Resume Drop
Please note you will have to submit responses to the following questions after clicking "apply" in the Ziprecruiter links.
1. Do you live within 1 hour of New Hyde Park, NY? If so, how long is the commute?
2. Please describe your fit with this opportunity.
3. What value do you bring to the table on day one?
4. What do you expect from the Company?
5. What does technology mean to you? How do you use it in your daily life?
6. Which technology tools do you prefer?
-Which smartphone? Why? How often do you check your phone?
-Which internet browser? Why?
-Which instant messaging service? Why?
-Which email client? Why? How often do you check your email?
7. Please describe what each of the following means to you:
8. What ballpark compensation package do you seek?
9. Anything else you would like to share?