Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Responsible for assisting in staffing and training Activities and Concierge Departments. Assists in ensuring staff is knowledgeable regarding property facilities and daily events.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the recreation/health club operations or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education, Physical Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting Activities Team
- Ensures staff is trained on all brand standard operating procedures.
- Administers and ensures employee adherence to corporate and local SOPs.
- Strives to meet the five goals of the property (e.g., guest satisfaction, profitability, sanitation, job safety, employee satisfaction).
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in all safety and emergency procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the brand's accident prevention policy.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of resort property, resort staff, and resort services including kitchen, food, beverage and controllable store rooms, golf, tennis, spa and front desk operations.
Developing, Coordinating, and Managing Property Events
- Maintains most up-to-date knowledge of daily events and locations, property facilities and hours of operation, points of interest and directions to points of interest.
- Monitors and directs concierge, boats, Kids Klub, and guest experience.
- Creates, organizes and implements activities for all age ranges.
- Acts as a liaison between resort outlets/activities and guests, including dissemination of accurate information.
- Ensures clean, well stocked and organized work areas including concierge, hospitality desk, resort activities desk, information desk, resort activities office and front office storeroom.
Assisting in the Management of Departmental Budgets
- Assists in managing wages and controllable expenses within budgeted guidelines.
- Assists in monitoring and controlling all expenses with requisition sheets, purchase orders, purchase log, invoices, and C-7s.
- Assists in managing the department's budget in the areas of man hours and wages.
- Reads and comprehends operating statements and budget worksheets.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Determines guest's needs, and strives to meet these needs.
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
Relocation assistance may be provided.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.