Construction and staffing company is seeking an Assistant Controller.
Develops and implements philosophy and strategic direction and systems for all accounting/finance functions. Leads and facilitates efforts to build world-class accounting/finance practices in compliance with established policies, regulations, and acceptable accounting standards. Directs the formulation and implementation of company policies, programs, and procedures as they relate to Accounting/Finance functions to maximize growth and profitability. Directs and has overall supervisory responsibility for all general and property accounting, internal auditing, payroll, cost accounting, and budgetary controls, accounts receivables and accounts payables. Provides direction and assumes ultimate responsibility for consolidation of all accounts and reports. Assess financial/operations results and controls in terms of costs, budgets, trends, etc. and provides management with information for effective planning and audit of the organization. Develops and manages the planning, forecasting, and budgeting process. Plans for and prepares departmental budgets and operates department(s) within established budgetary guidelines. Leads and supports finance interface with systems group in support of new and existing systems. Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform all required accounting functions of the company in a timely and accurate manner. Provide reports and schedules to the company's CPA Firm in the preparation of all financial statements. In order to perform these principal duties the following must be properly fulfilled:
1. Have a complete and thorough knowledge of all accounting functions and procedures.
2. Must have thorough knowledge of the Construction Integrated Job Cost and General Ledger Software Accounting Systems of the company (Computer Ease). Proficient with other computer software systems for the preparation of reports, spreadsheets and other accounting analysis that may be required by management.
3. Accurately and timely prepare weekly field and office payrolls, making proper federal, state and 401K deposits into respective accounts.
4. Accumulate job cost data from weekly payroll reports, materials and subcontract billing in order to prepare weekly cost reports for each project.
5. Maintain all company operating, payroll, savings and investment banking accounts including deposits, disbursements and balancing.
6. Monitor daily cash balances in operating, saving and investment bank accounts to cover obligations and maximize interest earnings.
7. Prepare monthly cash projection reports.
8. Prepare bi-weekly trial balance reports.
9. In conjunction with Project Manager prepare and post all monthly AIA invoices.
10. On quarterly basis complete federal and state payroll tax returns and necessary deposits to bank account.
11. Process and issue all accounts payable and subcontractor payments.
12. Generate monthly recaps for Workers Compensation and General Liability insurance premiums.
13. Generate monthly Aged Trial Balance spreadsheet
14. Maintain employees Personnel files including all tax forms, Insurance Records, 401K records, Employment and Drug Test Records.
15. Perform fiscal year end accounting close outs with CPA.
16. Process employee year end W2's and 1099 Forms distributing to employee/payee and appropriate Federal and State Agencies.
17. To verify subcontractors and vendors meet all requirements of contract agreement prior to any payments.
18. To maintain all accounting files and records on each project.
19. To interface with Project Manager and Superintendent to accurately charge & code invoice to proper Job Cost and General Ledger.
20. Have thorough knowledge of Procedures Manual.
JOB SPECIFICATION SECTION (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)
1. Master's degree in Business, Accounting, or related field plus minimum ten years Accounting/Finance management experience with at least three years in a supervisory capacity; or equivalent.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of leading Finance/Accounting practices, rules, and regulations.
3. Strong written and verbal negotiation and communication skills. Must be able to work with peers in a positive, cooperative way and maintain productive relationships with key functional areas. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills to exercise influence at various levels.
4. Demonstrated leadership skills to ensure consistency with Company management system and to develop and lead a cohesive, world class team.
5. Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others through support, training, etc. Must be able to manage staff toward departmental goals.
6. Demonstrated ability to develop long term strategies to meet future business needs and growth opportunities.
7. Demonstrated superior decision making, analysis, and leadership abilities in managing multiple projects.