It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s inspiring people to do more than they thought they could. It’s leading the way by rolling up your sleeves to accomplish a common goal. It’s taking a passion and turning it into your vision. Belonging is what it feels like to work at Marriott. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
The San Jose Marriott
located at 301 S. Market Street, San Jose,CA,95113
is currently hiring a Asst Mgr-Ops F&B (NE)(HtlOps) (12001EN0)
Assists with supervising food and beverage daily operations. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Ensures standards and legal obligations are followed.
This role will be responsible for breakfast and lunch shifts-5x week
This role will also have responsibility for In Room Dining and
Responsibility for 3 supervisors
Relocation is offered and may or may not include a real estate program for existing homeowners. CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIESAssisting in Managing Day-to-Day Operations
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Assists in the ordering of F&B supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
- Supervises daily F&B shift operation and ensures compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
- Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
- Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunction.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (including General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
- Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Stays readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Performs hourly job function if necessary.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress report
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others. Visit our newsroom to learn more: news.marriott.com
To search all jobs or learn more about Marriott careers:
Connect and network online with us:
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.