Are you ready to explore new challenges?
At Marriott we can make it happen – with opportunities for building new skills, co-workers who share your enthusiasm and clear career paths that offer experience for growth and promotion. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality professional or just beginning to plan your career, we invite you to discover Marriott.
The San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
, located at San Diego,CA
is currently hiring for a BAR MANAGERResponsibilities include:JOB SUMMARYTequila Bar & Grille
Nestled between our two pristine glass towers beside our tropical pool, our San Diego Marina restaurant menu features seasonal fresh seasonal dishes. Cool off with one of our signature cocktails and relax at our new outdoor living area. An urban spin on the Baja cantina, our hip new Tequila Bar & Grille attracts hotel guests and locals alike with live music, one of the world's largest selections of tequila and the freshest menu of culinary creations from our highly talented Executive Chef.Outdoor Lounge Area
Our guests kick back with friends or colleagues at the end of the day at our cozy, heated outdoor lounge. Order up drinks from the Tequila Bar and Grille, and pick out their favorites from our full dining menu. Then snuggle up by one of 10 new firepits as they revel in relaxing tropical bliss.Open:Don't Miss:
Managerial restaurant and beverage experience is preffered. Minimum of 3-5 years experience for this role. This is a high volume restaurant outlet by the pool area and candidates who have handled a similar F&B operation in a hotel environment are preferred.
Responsible for bar/lounge daily shift operations and supervision of staff. Position assists with promoting the lounge, menu planning, maintains standards, assists servers on the floor during peak periods and manages property liquor inventories and controls. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable for enforcing all legal obligations professionally and consistently. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan. Strengthens the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
Relocation is offered and may or may not include a real estate program for existing homeowners.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIESManaging Bar/Lounge Operations
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Leading Bar/Lounge Team
- Implements agreed upon beverage policy and procedures throughout the property.
- Manages in compliance with all local, state and Federal beverage and liquor laws.
- Understands beverage control including days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns, food standards, and period end inventory.
- Monitors adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings as needed to understand group needs
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Participates in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensures compliance with all Bar/Lounge policies, standards and procedures.
- Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
- Manages inventories according to budget and business levels.
- Assists with developing menus and promotions as necessary.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Trains staff on liquor control policies and procedures.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Communicates critical information to the Bar/Lounge staff regarding each event.
Managing Human Resource Activities
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds effectively to guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Provides feedback to individuals in an effort to improve service performance.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Begin your journey: www.marriott.com/careers
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers
and click on the "Apply Now
". Then under "Management Positions Worldwide
", enter Job Opening number “120019ME”
. The job is listed as “Bar Manager
". If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a "User Name" and “Password”. Applications are available in French and Spanish.
Marriott is consistently recognized as an employer of choice by Working Mother, DiversityInc., and LatinaStyle magazine among others. FORTUNE magazine recognized Marriott as one of its “100 Best Companies to Work For”, for the twelfth consecutive year. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.