We are seeking a customer facing bioinformatics scientist with experience in genomics to join our bioinformatics group. Working in a team environment, this individual will provide support for analysis and development of new applications of Whole Genome Mapping technology in analysis of a wide spectrum of genomes, including human, other mammalians and plant genomes. Description
This is a customer facing position and the incumbent will provide bioinformatics support for their genome mapping system customers, participate in development of new applications, and contribute to other aspects of bioinformatics effort at Client. S/he will utilize existing analytical tools developed at Client, perform analysis on optical mapping data, generate analytical reports and communicate with scientists for interpretation of the results. As a member of the bioinformatics team, s/he will also provide valuable input for new application development, and participate in the development effort. Education/Skills/Attributes Required
- Advanced degree in Genomics, Bioinformatics, or other related scientific/engineering fields (or equivalent professional experiences).
- Four to eight years of working experience in genomic data analysis and bioinformatics tool development, preferably in NGS.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively articulate complex, technical information to customers and scientists.
- Hands on experience with bioinformatics tools and databases.
- Demonstrated ability to understand computational biology and bioinformatics concepts, and complex scientific algorithms.
- Software development experience, preferable in a team environment.
- Solid programming skills in C/C++, PERL, Java, and/or shell scripting in a Unix/Linux based system.
- Experience with high performance and cloud computing is desirable.