Title: BU CI Leader Scope: Business Unit Reporting To: Site GPS Director Description:
The CI Leader position will be responsible for leading, implementing, and integrating GPS systems and pillars while building capability within the Business Units. This role will work with Integrated Network (Pillar) teams, leadership, and front-line employees to build capabilities and transform results in Cost, Quality, Service, Safety, and People. Success KPIs for this role include system measure for effective deployment of the methodology as well as shared business results for the BU. Desired Skills and Qualifications:
Job Responsibilities: Performance Tracking:
- Engineering Degree
- TPM or Lean Experience in Manufacturing or Distribution
- Implementation experience with various CI, Lean, or Six Sigma pillars or systems (e.g. DMAIC, Autonomous Maintenance, Education & Training, Lean, etc.).
- Experience in building capability around the tools of Continuous Improvement
- Working knowledge and experience with pillars of TPM
- Proven track record of implementing TPM/Lean for results
- CI/Lean/TPM business integration experience
- 5S implementation and leadership experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Leadership and influence management skills
· Tracking and reporting of GPS deployment and performance
· Assuring adequate tracking and visibility of BU metrics and KPIs GPS Leadership:
· Always exemplify Leadership Behaviors
- Bias for Action
- Open and Honest Communication focused on collaboration
- Go Deep
- Always reinforce the process
- Walk the Talk
· Lead the planning, development, integration, and implementation of GPS in the Business Unit to drive sustainable results while building department-wide capabilities for expansion.
· Coach BU Director and team in the tools, methodology, and systems of GPS.
· Deploy pilot systems and tools as available within the BU. Link losses in daily, weekly, and long-term results to the correct tools and systems.
· Own the coordination and coaching of the BU Master Plan.
· Loss Analysis:
· Perform / lead BU loss analysis.
· Link the losses to specific drivers, projects and systems.
· Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the Gap information.
· Fully deploy TIG systems and tools to link Shift, Daily, and weekly KPIs, reviews, and actions to business objectives.
· Integrate Organizational Capability IN Team (Education and Training Pillar) to assure robust training, skill development, and team development systems are in place.
· Support Operations and Maintenance in the Technology & Maintenance Excellence capabilities, which will include, but is not limited to, the linkage and deployment of robust maintenance systems designed to improve MTBF and MTTR.
· Support development of BU Team in GPS tools and processes
· Leverage and propagate the use of Focused Improvement tools and systems for focused improvement in results:
· Work process optimization
· Basic statistical tools (Pareto, fishbone, histograms…)
· Focused Improvement Project Tracking:
· Responsible for coaching and development of FI project teams which includes, but is not limited to, assisting the team leader with the compilation of historical data, providing technical guidance as the system expert around improvement ideas and participating on teams.
· Track improvements generated from FI project teams.
· Responsible for sustained project savings.
· Support the Simultaneous and Partnered Engineering (SPE) Effort around completion of projects for integration of new business and technology. Operations Support:
· Provide GPS support for production issues.
· Coach and deploy Just In Time tools and methods focused on losses and waste
· Share ownership for BU capability development and deployment strategy with Ops IN Team/Pillar Support:
· Participate in at least one IN Team as a team member and process/system owner Personal and Professional Development:
· Continue to learn and grow in the methodology, tools, systems, and integration of GPS
· Continue to develop professional experience to external CI methodologies and tools
· Continue development in business model and systems System Technical Expert
· Know how the process is ‘supposed’ to work and provide technical training tools (OPL’s, How To’s, Why Why’s, etc…) relaying that information to operations personnel.