DW Lead / BI Architect
New Berlin, WI; Pittsburgh, PA; Collierville, TN; Dallas, TX; Colorado Springs, CO; Orlando, FL or Harrison, AR.
Preferred Skills/Knowledge Includes:
Data warehousing experience.
Teradata and Business Objects experience preferred.
Minimum of 3 years system integration experience, including hands-on experience in the following tasks:
- Developing and implementing data and system integration strategies including UML diagrams that represent flow and interactions between systems
- Data lifecycle modeling
- Working with BI/ETL/Reporting tools and processes
- Performance testing and tuning databases and/or data access components
- Previous experience as a DBA on any major RDBMS
- Estimate system capacity to meet near and long term processing requirements
- Developing and implementing optimal approach for obtaining data from diverse source system platform into BI Systems
- Hands-on experience with some ETL,(Extract-Transform-Load) commercial Software Product
Prior experience with defining and implementing information architecture, principles, blueprints and standards for information management required.
3 to 5 years experience in SOA and Web services.
Thorough understanding of established application design frameworks.
Effectively work across geographically disperse locations and be comfortable in a 'remote' work environment.
Excellent communication/interpersonal and planning skills.
The successful candidate has experience presenting to non-technical and technical executive audiences
Provide technical direction and leadership for projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools and systems.
Lead design, development and documentation of new or modified BI systems and components of business applications.
Define the semantic layer, metadata, dashboards and reports.
Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI solutions and java applications.
Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software. Identify performance-tuning solutions as necessary.
Candidate will participate in the overall design and will oversee the development of cross-functional, multi-platform applications systems.
Identify strategic and tactical solutions and be able to influence and negotiate with colleagues and project stakeholders.
Analyze user requirements and write functional/system specifications.
Mentor and cross train others on the team.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Typically has more than 5 years work experience in IT/Engineering environment. Masters preferred