The Design Engineer shall be focused on developing mathematical analyses and/or rationale in support of support of product design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following and all other duties as may be assigned. Design Engineers must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The Engineering Manager/Director or designated Project Engineer / Engineering Lead shall define specific responsibilities in accordance with the Design Engineer’s area of expertise. The Design Engineer may be involved in all phases of project qualification, technical proposals, and product design.
• The Design Engineer shall be responsible and the focal point for all technical aspects of the project(s) in the following categories:
-Product design (Materials, thickness, weights, stress etc.)
-Drawing and engineering document releases
-Development and qualification testing
• The Design Engineer shall be responsible for designed detail parts, sub assemblies, top assemblies, tooling and system performance as applicable to the project(s).
• For build-to-print project(s), the Design Engineer may be assigned to provide liaison and technical assistance between manufacturing and customer cognizant engineering.
• The Design Engineer shall be involved with the Project Engineer in the initial and continuing manufacturing cycle of all new detail parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies by working with the designated manufacturing engineer.
Education and/or Experience: A Bachelor of Science degree with major studies in mechanical or aeronautical engineering
Experience in the precision metals industry as applied to aircraft or missile design, including two years of specialization related to the product lines of this company
Advanced knowledge of physics, engineering mechanics and mathematics through analytical and descriptive geometry, trigonometry, differential and integral calculus; knowledge of the principles of stress analysis, thorough understanding of specifications, such as MIL, AN, MS, NAS, ASTM, AMS, etc.
Country United States of America
Mattson has been rated as a Fastest Growing company in Orange County in 2010, 2011& 2012. Also rated as a "Best Place to Work" and a"Top Workplace" in Orange County, by the Orange County Register and Orange County Business Journal in 2011 & 2012