This position is responsible for completing mechanical maintenance on company trucks and vehicles, including providing superior customer service to drivers and achieving safety and equipment performance standards.
· Provide superior customer service to with service and repair needs.
· Identify, troubleshoot and complete repairs, as necessary.
· Perform preventative maintenance on equipment, including checking the MPH setting, fluids, light bulbs, and belts and hoses.
· Perform installation of equipment and make repairs as directed by the shop foreman.
· Promptly complete and submit required paperwork associated with repairs and service.
· Maintain a well organized, clean, efficient and professional appearing work area.
· Care for Company tools and equipment, ensuring that all equipment is checked in and out.
· Observe and comply with company safety policies and procedures and DOT rules and regulations.
· Shift work, including weekends and holidays, with occasional overtime, as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment.
· Certified to inspect, maintain and repair tractor/trailer air brakes systems in accordance to 396.25 of the Federal Motor Carrier safety Regulations.
· Certified in Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to read and/or complete quotes, work orders, warranties, inspection forms and instructions sheets.
· Ability to perform basic math calculations
· Ability to multi-task and handle varying projects simultaneously.
· Superior knowledge of trucking and/or automotive service industry.
· Two years previous experience in transportation industry; heavy-duty truck/engine repair and installation required.
· A valid CDL is preferred
Barracuda Staffing is a permanent placement and direct hire personnel agency working with skilled, non-skilled, professional and contract workers in the Industrial, Light Industrial, Engineering, Construction, and Healthcare fields. Barracuda Staffing serves the business client by locating qualified employees, screening, initial interviewing and administering all new hire paperwork. Barracuda Staffing runs payroll and bills the client weekly. The professional worker is served with employment opportunities at no cost and pay rates that are within industry standards.