Frequency (www.frequency.com) brings internet video to mobile and non-mobile devices. We're rapidly growing and opened this new position Director of Product Management (PM) to manage all aspects of design, development and delivery of the company’s mobile apps on iOS and Android and smart TVs. The PM will report to the SVP of Products and will work with the development team and marketing teams on a daily basis.
You must be able to understand big picture strategy and deliver tactically against it to help us continue to build the most popular Internet video service in the world.
You are hands-on. You're detail-oriented and can create processes from chaos. You have excellent communication skills and even project management experience. You work well with developers and have proven success managing consumer Internet and/or mobile products through the entire product life cycle.
You are a problem solver and can come up with creative solutions for the challenges that face a small technology company. Why Frequency?
- You want to get involved early at a rapidly growing company as the first product manager - and make a huge impact
- You love working with smart people, each with their own track records of success
- You like working with a close-knit team in a fast paced, startup environment
- You love consumer products, entertainment, mobile, video and social media – especially when they’re combined together.
What you MUST have:
- Smart and can make decisions quickly with limited data
- An expert in mobile apps, especially iPhone and Android
- Energetic & passionate about building consumer products
- An excellent communicator
- A proven executor and get things done
- 3-6 years product management experience with a consumer software or internet company
- Demonstrated experience growing a userbase through Facebook apps, API, and the open graph (OG)
- At least 1 year experience with consumer mobile web app design & development experience (iOS and/or Android)
- Proven project management experience (you will be responsible for product timelines and delivery dates)
- Great communications skills - a collaborator & a team player (need to coordinate cross-functional teams to build and launch products)
- BA or BS or equivalent work experience
- Must be hands-on and have the ability to write product specs for our tech team (PRDs)
- Experience with market sizing and building business cases for product feature prioritization (MRDs)
- Product portfolio management
- Proven success with UX & consumer messaging
- Experience with social media, online marketing and product evangelism is a huge plus
- An ace with Google Analytics and analyzing download and usage data
- Exceptional at finding and reporting on the customer feedback that matters and creating solutions that drive the business forward (A/B testing, NPS, surveys, user testing etc.).
- Stays current with industry trends to keep the best ideas in the forefront with fresh approaches to virality, social sharing, mobile apps and online video.
- Experience with online video a plus
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- Casual work environment, flexible hours, drinks in the fridge
- Great health, dental and 401(k) programs, life insurance, and a very generous "unlimited" vacation policy
We know there are only a few people in the world who can make the right impact and help Frequency build a new market. If this description fits you, apply now! LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY