Our Renewables group has an immediate opening for a Field Service Technical Specialist (FSTS) for the Greater Toronto, Canada Area. In this position, you will be responsible for providing on-site customer support for our products installed in the field. The primary scope of technical support is to provide answers to the customer regarding the correct operation of the company products for the customer's purpose & intended use. The FSTS will develop solutions to problems that range from simple product troubleshooting to complex integration & interface scenarios involving our products & the customer’s tools & processes. The FSTS will maintain extensive & continual engagement with OEM & end user customers, & is responsible for expanding these relationships. The FSTS will also support Service Sales & Marketing in their activities to pinpoint & develop business opportunities. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:Provide trouble-shooting & training:
Troubleshoot & restore company products to the individual component level.
Provide troubleshooting services in order to comprehend, address & communicate product related issues.
Offer technical product training to customers & colleagues as needed to optimize/demonstrate/promote the use of the Company's products & to assess customer needs.
Spawn new business.
Work with vital customer contacts & Company engineers, account managers/directors & product managers to identify & understand novel opportunities & successfully support, promote, operate, apply & release Company services in a manner consistent with our corporate objectives. Defend current business:
Work with important customer contacts & Company engineers, account managers/directors, product managers, customer support staff & quality staff to proactively support Company's established business. Build critical relationships:
Exhibit continuous focus on & investment in building strong relationships with key contacts within customer accounts & with colleagues, that are based upon mutual trust & a respect for the value & benefit that is produced; always strive to build & defend a productive & rewarding team-environment. Act as a Technical liaison:
Based upon your daily engagement with applications, customers & products, act as proactive technical liaison among our customers & other AE personnel as required. Must be able to resolve problems. Gather information:
Seek, gather, comprehend & communicate, internally to appropriate personnel, information relative to application, customer, industry, & competitor roadmaps, trends & developments which has potentially substantive value to the company's ability attain our corporate objectives. REQUIREMENTS:Work Environment:
- Estimated 65% travel (international & domestic) to customer sites (industrial & outdoor environments) & the company sites working with typical customer tools, diagnostic equipment & computer technology.
- Must be comfortable working around high voltages & currents.
- Must be flexible for all shifts - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week service as required.
- Able to lift 50 pounds. Ability to work standing for long periods of time on hard surfaces.
- Strong electrical & electronic troubleshooting skills. Technical knowledge of company products & related applications.
- Excellent technical & non-technical written & verbal communication skills.
- Capability to effectively effect actions & decisions with customers & peer groups within the company.
- Fantastic customer service & interpersonal skills. Capable of dealing with customers under stressful & occasionally adverse conditions.
- Proven ability to promote teamwork & build lasting relationships.
- Ability to understand & work within Company's business processes & guarantee an effective working environment.
- Basic knowledge of essential legal & regulatory requirements in technology development (intellectual property protection, non disclosure agreements, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe work practices (prefer arc-flash & electrical safety training).
- Associate degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience in a Technical field, including 2 years in a customer facing role.
- Experience with computer driven diagnostic equipment, Visual Basic for test simulation; Microsoft Excel creating macros for qualification criteria.
- For High Power products: Practical technical trouble-shooting; operation of sampling & real time oscilloscopes, network analyzers, power supplies & DC fixturing for power supply characterization. Technical knowledge of the fundamentals of safety requirements, grounding & inductive heating for high power environments.
If interested in this excellent opportunity, please send your resume in a word attachment to: Sam@ZanderMax.com REFERRAL BONUSDo you know a friend or colleague who might be a great fit for this position? ZanderMax has the best referral bonus in the business! Refer a friend or colleague and when we place your referral at this position or any other, you will be handsomely rewarded with a referral bonus of up to $3,000! Have a great day and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Applicable company safety training & certification courses.
- Functional understanding of thin film industry (e.g. advanced coatings, semiconductor, flat panel, data storage), & renewable energy industry.
- Vacuum science & plasma processing equipment & applications.
- Working knowledge of company's products as well as familiarity with competitive products.
- Specific knowledge of & experience with vital customers, their equipment & applications.