Dr. Newton’s Naturals is one of Maine’s largest and fastest growing natural health product companies and specializes in providing high quality dietary supplements directly to over 2 million customers nationwide.
Currently, we are seeking an IT System Specialist to join our exceptional IT team and help advance the company’s growth by providing accurate and efficient support of various software, hardware and related applications. In addition, helping with the configuration, deployment and maintenance of servers, desktop workstations and peripherals. Apply your existing skills while learning new, cutting edge technologies!
- Review and test systems, implementation analysis, and problem resolution; develop procedures, track licensing, and write troubleshooting techniques when necessary.
- Provide desktop and telephone support including troubleshooting and resolving software (ex. Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer and QuickBooks), hardware, and operational problems.
- Database administration including troubleshooting (Access and SQL), query writing and creating macros/scripts to automate database jobs.
- Utilize internal trouble ticket software to respond to requests from personnel and support internal staff requests on technology related issues.
- Provide on-call support including some weekends and evenings as necessary and act as back up to IT Manager.
Hours of operation are 8am-5:30pm Monday through Friday. Please note this position requires additional working hours varying some nights and weekends outside our operating hours as our call center is open 7 days a week.
Candidates will have the following:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in troubleshooting, resolving technical problems and installing computer systems, applications, and local area networks in a corporate environment
- Strong computer literacy skills with an emphasis on software knowledge, installations and use. Heavy emphasis on Microsoft applications including Access, Visio, Microsoft Exchange, Adobe CS Suite and wordpress.
- Working knowledge of computer languages HTML, CSS and Linux a required. With experience in PHP, SQL and MySQL a plus.
- Also requires hands on experience working with routers, firewalls and proxy servers.
- Familiarity with Windows (desktop & server) 2003-2008, Windows XP and Windows 7 is preferred.
- Strong problem solving aptitude with excellent communications skills.