Mobolize is looking for a talented mid-level Software Developer with expertise in Java and web frameworks to design, implement, and maintain our server-side infrastructure. This position reports to the Director of Engineering, and will be responsible for all aspects of the product development lifecycle, from gathering initial requirements, then to design/implementation, and ultimately to cloud deployment and maintenance. Mobolize is a fast-growing startup with a fast-paced work environment, and the ideal candidate is someone who excels in the dynamic nature of such a demanding environment, with significant opportunities to gain cross-functional experience working with the product, support and sales teams.
- Design, implement, and maintain web-based server software that consists of a Java-based web framework and horizontally scalable database layer.
- Design, implement and manage the cloud-based hosting infrastructure that consists of working with Linux and Windows virtual machines, cloud management tools and automation scripts.
- Develop detailed designs, schedules, and documentation for technical deliverables, and drive them from initial planning, through development and testing, and finally to deployment and ongoing operations.
- Work closely with Product Management, Client Services, Sales and other teams to ensure the correct alignment of priorities, requirements, and direction.
- Develop and promote best practices in software development, QA, and IT operations.
- A minimum of 4 years in web-based development and working with web server frameworks, with a strong preference for experience with Java-based frameworks (e.g., Spring, Tomcat).
- A minimum of 4 years in Java programming, with a strong preference for experience in server-side and/or high performance Java software development.
- A minimum of 4 years in SQL programming, object-relational mappings (preferably JPA), and database management (preferably MySQL).
- Must have experience with cloud infrastructure platform and tools, such as Amazon Web Services or similar.
- Must have experience in web programming (i.e. HTML, CSS and JS), and strong web UI design skills, with a strong preference for experience with Java-based UI frameworks (e.g. Swing, GWT, GXT).
- Must have experience in Unix/Linux administration and shell scripting.
With all of our data and apps moving to the cloud, the web browser is now our single most important piece of software. But browsers have a big flaw: they use too much bandwidth and are much slower than an app. The problem is that they are constantly downloading and re-downloading content from the server, so time and bandwidth are wasted.
Mobolize has solved this problem. Mobolize has developed and patented End-Point Cache Management technology to extend and optimize web-delivered content and performance. Imagine having a simple software solution that optimizes the important or favorite websites you visit. Web pages would load much faster, and do so consistently. You could even access web pages and documents when offline, making you more productive. Our Mobolize CacheFront software provides advanced browser caching that accelerates web content by up to 12x and provides in-browser offline access, while reducing web traffic by as much as 90%.
We are a start-up company, but our customers are some of the largest companies and government agencies in the world. We believe that our software should, and will, end up on every desktop, laptop, tablet and smart phone in the world.
Why work at Mobolize?
First, we are developing and delivering a disruptive technology in the telecom space focused on the weakest transport link, the last mile. We are building the infrastructure tools today that will keep mobility fast and efficient tomorrow. Second, management all have held positions in successful start-ups that were acquired and continue to deliver market value for their new owners. Third, be a part of a social/team where pizza Fridays and movie ditch days are regular team building occurrences. Lastly, our offices are located next to Santa Monica airport in a very cool area surrounded by parks and open space.
If you have the desire, drive and attitude to be part of a winning team, and have the skills listed above, we'd love to hear from you.
Principals only please. Mobolize does not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes sent by these firms shall be considered property of Mobolize, and no fee shall be due.