Farmer Brothers Company
has an excellent opportunity for a Lab Assistant
who is responsible for maintaining the Green Coffee and Allied Product Labs according to internal and industry standards. RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Cupping set up.
- Cupping clean up/dishwashing.
- Sample Roasting.
- Getting samples from the warehouse.
- Green Coffee Sample Grading
- Detailed cupping note inputting.
- Preparation of paperwork related to approvals and rejections of coffee contracts.
- Physical organization of samples in the lab.
- Overall lab maintenance, organization and clean up.
- Assist other department managers/supervisors with projects as needed.
- Support Product Development Manager as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Ideally 2-3 years experience in coffee, either as a barista or roaster.
- Minimum of 2-3 years operating Windows and associated Microsoft Office applications, specifically: MS Word and Excel.
- Team oriented problem solver who takes ownership of their work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Farmer Brothers Company not only prides itself on our products, but we take pride in our employees. We are able to offer competitive wages and benefits. By doing this we ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. We offer competitive benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
At Farmer Brothers Company we want our employees to succeed…their success is our success.
Equal Opportunity Employer
About Farmer Brothers:
Founded in 1912 and currently celebrating its milestone centennial, Farmer Brothers is a manufacturer, wholesaler and distributor of a variety of high quality coffee, tea and culinary products. The company distributes its products through its direct-store-delivery network of 117 branches located across the country, and in third-party distribution partnerships with regional and national chains. Farmer Brothers products can be enjoyed in restaurants, hotels, casinos, healthcare facilities, convenience stores and other food service operations, in addition to grocery retailers across the country. The company's primary brands include Farmer Brothers, Superior, Metropolitan, Sierra, Cain's and McGarvey.