Posted 468 days ago in Quality Assurance
Farmer Brothers Company has an excellent opportunity for a Laboratory Technician – Culinary. The Laboratory Technician - Culinary is responsible for testing in process products and incoming raw materials for compliance with specifications and for documenting results. In addition; the Laboratory Technician - Culinary is responsible for a variety of routine and non-routine laboratory operations in a quality assurance or research setting. Duties include routine reactions leading to chemical or biological synthesis of intermediates and compounds, reexamination of borderline results, researching technical literature, and evaluating old processes.
1. Performs quality assurance testing on in-process allied products, spice blends and psyllium blends for compliance with specifications. Tests include but not limited to color, flavor, bulk index, salt analysis and pH. Enters data in computer and files retained samples.
2. Performs quality assurance testing on in-process ground spices, re-cleaned spices for compliance with specifications. Tests include but not limited to color, flavor, volatile oil, moisture, screen analysis and bulk index. Enters data in computer and files retain samples.
3. Performs line-check at all packaging lines for packaging requirement (packaging material, film length, markings and net weighs, etc.)
4. Performs quality assurance testing on some co-packed/buy-out products for compliance with specifications. Tests include color, flavor, net weights and packaging integrity. Enters data in computer and files retain samples.
5. Keeps the QC In-Process Lab and Cooler clean and organized.
6. Performs the duties of other team members as needed, advanced notice will be given when possible.
7. Cleans, calibrates and maintains test equipments.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in microbiology, food science and/or technology or in related field.
2. Minimum of 2 years of experience in manufacturing, closely related to quality control operations.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Safety conscious and excellent interpersonal skills.
5. Team oriented problem solver who takes ownership of their work.
Compensation and Benefits:
Farmer Brothers Company not only prides itself on our products, but we take pride in our employees. We are able to offer competitive wages and benefits. By doing this we ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. We offer competitive benefits which include:
1. Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
2. ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
3. 401(k) Plan
At Farmer Brothers Company we want our employees to succeed…their success is our success.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Farmer Brothers is a leading manufacturer, wholesaler and distributor of coffee, tea and culinary products. Some of the well known brands include Superior Coffee, Prebica, McGarvey and Cain's Coffee. Our product lines and services are specifically focused on the needs of our customers: foodservice establishments including restaurants, hotels, casinos, hospitals and foodservice providers, as well as retailers such as convenience stores, coffee houses, general merchandisers, private label retailers and grocery stores. We distribute our products through direct and brokered sales, primarily through our off-the-truck distribution network, to our foodservice customers at their places of business. Our signature trucks and vans bearing the "Consistently Good" logo are seen throughout the 48 contiguous United States. Our mission is to sell great coffee, tea and culinary products and provide superior service one customer at a time. Visit our company website at www.farmerbrosco.com