Generac Power Systems, one of the world's largest independent manufacturers of complete engine-driven generator systems for industrial, residential, mobile, recreational vehicle and communications applications, is currently seeking a Manager Engineering Tools & Process at its corporate headquarters in Waukesha, WI. In this high profile position, the Manager Engineering Tools & Process will be responsible for crafting, communicating and executing roadmaps for Engineering Systems and New Product Introduction Process.
Facilitate the ongoing development of strategic plans to align organization resources with the New Product Introduction (NPI) process:
· Continue the ongoing development of the vision for the NPI process.
· Drive the organization to NPI metrics that result in decreased development times.
· Facilitate the acceptance and utilization of the NPI process throughout the organization through cross functional engagement.
Facilitate the ongoing development of the Engineering Systems roadmap by which engineering tools are evaluated, purchased, and rolled out to the organization:
· Create the roadmap for all engineering s/w tools.
· Manage the efforts of the engineering systems organization.
· Define training and support/resource needs to execute the Engineering Systems roadmap. Deliver training occasionally.
· Leadership of NPI and Engineering Systems teams.
· Communicate with executives regularly, including progress of organizational adoption of NPI processes, facilitation of gate reviews, and progress toward achievement of NPI vision.
· Bachelor's Degree engineering or other relevant discipline.
· 7+ years of progressive work experience in an engineering environment.
· 3+ years experience as an Engineering leader in a manufacturing environment.
· Familiarity with CREO (Pro-E), SharePoint as well as PDM/PLM software packages.
· Advanced skills with MS Office products.
· Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and launch new products using a cross-disciplinary approach.
· Candidate must be highly motivated, decisive, organized, detail oriented, and forward thinking with commitment to process in the development of new products.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Leadership skills to successfully influence cross-functional teams.
· PMP certification is preferred.
About Generac Power Systems:
"We really challenge our teams to take their ideas and push them as far as they can, to take some risk's". Aaron Jagdfeld, CEO
The power behind Generac's continued success comes from a knowledgeable, dedicated group of employees who are committed to innovative approaches, technical excellence and first class customer service. Generac recognizes our employees are the soul of the company and values the contributions they make. We strive to hire employees who share our goal of putting our customer first and are dedicated to providing a superior product.
View all jobs at Generac Power Systems | Company website