It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s inspiring people to do more than they thought they could. It’s leading the way by rolling up your sleeves to accomplish a common goal. It’s taking a passion and turning it into your vision. Belonging is what it feels like to work at Marriott. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
The Courtyard San Jose Airport
located at 1727 Technology Drive, San Jose-CA,95110
is currently hiring a Manager-Operations (NE) (12001H1Q)
Supports the successful execution of all operations in the hotel operations departments (may include Front Office, Business Center, Recreation/Health Club, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage/Culinary and Engineering/Maintenance) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIESSupporting Operations Team
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
Supporting Property Operations Function(s)
- Ensures that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
- Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and communicates game plans to address need areas and expand on the strengths.
- Assists in ensuring that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
- Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Assists employees in understanding guests' ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeding them.
Managing and Monitoring Activities that Affect the Guest Experience
- Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
- Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
- Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
- Assists/teaches the team scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
- Performs hourly job functions as needed.
Assisting in Managing Profitability
- Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Responds timely to customer service department request.
- Ensures all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Assists in performing required annual Quality audit with GM & RD.
- Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
- Understands financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data.
- Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
- Receives hiring recommendations from team supervisors.
- Ensures orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others. Visit our newsroom to learn more: news.marriott.com
To search all jobs or learn more about Marriott careers:
Connect and network online with us:
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.