Must have 5+ years experience in engineering projects in the oil and gas industry. Fluent English a must. Piping design or process plant experience desired. $100K
Designs, develops and tests all aspects of mechanical piece parts assemblies and equipment for in line inspection tools. Develops technologies required to accurately inspect pipe in each of the various pipe diameters, and product medium.
· Under minimal direction develops plans, preliminary concepts and full designs for new ILI tools. Presents design approach to management and Sr. engineering staff, coordinates all design related activities and drives the effort to produce new inspection tools.
· Evaluates product requirements provided, and develops design to meet all requirements Develop piece part and assembly documentation required to machine
· Perform Finite Element Modeling to determine the acceptable strength and long term performance of various piece parts required for ILI tools and the supporting equipment to successfully build and launch tools.
· Conducts product integrity tests, to prove out design concepts, and product reliability tests, documenting the results clearly.
· Utilizes acquired knowledge regarding products/projects, design standards and procedures, manufacturing techniques, etc., in order to provide solid designs for ILI tools.
· Prepares all necessary documentation, including assembly drawings to be used in the proto build cycle prior to launching tools for the first time. Clear Bill of Materials are created to help the remaining organization to perform their respective jobs. Documents all engineering changes to avoid confusion and delays.
· Provides clear product design reviews and concept evaluations.
· Produce preliminary project proposals, including schedules required to complete defined project. Providing status updates and coordinating the activities of all supporting organizations.
· Works closely with suppliers to determine the most effective means to produce piece parts and tools and assemblies required to perform in line inspections.
· Knowledge, skills & abilities required
· Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering and 5+ years relevant work experience.
· Familiarity with machining methods and other manufacturing techniques.
· Extensive experience applying mechanical engineering principles, practices and formal review procedures.
· Good communication skills both written and verbal; good supervisory skills.
· Working knowledge of Solid Works CAD modeling, assembly manipulation, and FEM modeling skills required to design and evaluate tool designs.
· Working knowledge and application of ANSI dimensioning and geometric tolerance.
· Experience with Bill of Materials and change control, and documenting design iterations, and concepts