For a recent graduate with an interest in the construction or consulting industries and a desire to learn the facility design field. Build on current knowledge of mechanical engineering by providing design engineering services for clients throughout North America. This key role will develop a broad set of engineering competencies, technical design knowledge and consultation and problem solving skills.
Reports directly to the Sr. VP of Engineering. Participates on design teams to prepare drawings and specifications for sanitary and process waste & vent piping, compressed air systems, process utilities, and wet pipe/dry pipe sprinkler systems. This position will proactively interact with the engineering teams.
- BSME, BSMET or related degree; EI a plus
- Intelligent contributor: adds value, drives assignments to completion
- Curious in nature; Interacts effectively in a team oriented environment
- Proven self starter with the ability to manage time and work priorities independently
- Strong work ethic and leadership capabilities
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits package; Hixson offers a team oriented work environment, opportunity for personal and professional growth, challenging projects, and ownership potential.