Must Have Family Practice Experience
The Billing Assistant is responsible for the receipt and verification of billing information, generation of appropriate billing forms with accurate and complete information, receipt and posting of billing payments and collections and other related medical billing reports and processes.
High school graduate or equivalent
Supplemental, advanced training in medical terminology, coding and billing preferred.
Minimum of 3 years experience in medical coding and billing, preferably in a physician office or clinic environment
Experience in Medicare/Medicaid billing (HCFA 1500, UB92 Forms)
Basic understanding of state and federal laws, rules and regulation concerned with billing processes and procedures.
Strong computer skills.
Strong organizational skills.
Strong communication skills, both orally and verbal.
1. Assist the Business Office Manager with the proper data entry all providers, patients and billing information into patient accounting system.
2. Assist the Business Office Manager with the proper data entry of billing codes, pricing and other related fees being utilized in the billing process.
3. Responsible for entering the non-payment or denial of a claim and the reason given for that non-payment or denial into the patient accounting system.
4. Responsible for coordinating with and forwarding to the Business Office Manager a report and a copy of the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) for incorrectly/incompletely paid claims on a weekly or as frequently as requested by the Business Office Manager.
5. Responsible for generating daily and weekly transaction reports for review.
6. Responsible for weekly follow-up on all billed services with no payment or response that may require intervention by phone and/or written notices.
7. Responsible for all other duties assigned.
About Dean's Professional Services:
Dean's Professional Services has been in business since 1993, and since that time our founder and President has used her vision to provide the quality of customized staffing services. We offer Temporary, Temporary-to-Hire, and Direct Hire staffing solutions. Our staffing professionals have over 20 years of staffing experience in the industry. We are your Full Service Solution providing not only staffing services but supplemental services to meet all of your needs including:
- Recruiting Services
- Testing Services
- Professional and Executive Search Services
- Vendor Management Solutions
- Vendor-on-Premise Solutions
- Sub-Contracting Services
- Human Resource Consulting Services
- Professional Workshops
- Education Enhancement Center
- Graphic Designs and IT Solutions
Temporary, Temporary-to-Hire, and Direct Hire staffing solutions Recruiting Services, Testing Services, Vendor Management Solutions, Professional Workshops, Graphic Design and IT Solutions