Are you ready to explore new challenges?
At Marriott we can make it happen – with opportunities for building new skills, co-workers who share your enthusiasm and clear career paths that offer experience for growth and promotion. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality professional or just beginning to plan your career, we invite you to discover Marriott.
The New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
, located at 102- 05 Ditmars Blvd
is currently hiring for a MGR-OPS ROOMS (NE)(HTLOPS)Responsibilities include: JOB SUMMARY
Supports the successful execution of all operations in the hotel operations departments (including Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance and Housekeeping) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIESSupporting Rooms Operations Team
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
Supporting Property Rooms Operations Function(s)
- Ensures that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
- Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and communicates game plans to address need areas and expand on the strengths.
- Assists in ensuring that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
- Assists employees in understanding guests' ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeding them.
Managing and Monitoring Activities that Affect the Guest Experience
- Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
- Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
- Assists/teaches the team scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
- Performs hourly job functions as needed.
Assisting in Managing Profitability
- Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Responds timely to customer service department request.
- Ensures all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
Begin your journey: www.marriott.com/careers
- Assists in performing required annual Quality audit with GM & RD.
- Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
- Understands financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data.
To apply for this job, please go to www.marriott.com/careers
and click on the "Apply Now
". Then under "Management Positions Worldwide
", enter Job Opening number “Job Req. 12001A11
" . The job is listed as “Mgr-Ops Rooms (NE)(HtlOps)
". If you are interested in applying, you will need to register on the site and create a "User Name" and “Password”. Applications are available in French and Spanish.
Marriott is consistently recognized as an employer of choice by Working Mother, DiversityInc., and LatinaStyle magazine among others. FORTUNE magazine recognized Marriott as one of its “100 Best Companies to Work For”, for the twelfth consecutive year.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.