Posted 310 days ago in Manufacturing/Operations
NPI TECHNICAL BUYER
The Site Technical Buyer is responsible for the Purchasing aspects of the Product Cost Optimization (PCO) process. Primary details include:
· Engage in technical cost benchmarking activities (tear downs); acting as purchasing technical liaison for these events.
· Drive Target Costing (“should cost”) with engineering support for new and existing components/systems.
· Act as the primary liaison between the Strategic Commodity Manager and the New Product Development and Current Products Engineering team; ensure that regional/global commodity strategies are incorporated into the new product commodity selection process.
· Drive commercial activity directly or through Strategic Commodity Managers as required to meet all phase commitments of the PCO Projects.
· Communicating the purchasing commodity strategy at the site level (liaison between Strategic Commodity Managers and Engineering, Product Management, etc.)
· Contributing to and enforcing the use of preferred supplier lists by commodity.
· Supporting negotiations and assisting with establishing contracts for development agreements with suppliers.
· The Site Technical Buyer will be aligned with the Product Development and Cost Management teams, which vary by region and even locations within the regions. These teams are typically organized around one of four different models:
Brands (e.g. Valtra)
Product lines (e.g. Hay Equipment)
Major projects (e.g. new tractor design XYZ, or strategic initiatives)
Systems (e.g. Hydraulics)
This position will interact with numerous functions within the organization, with a significant interaction with engineering. As a result, a strong technical background and/or aptitude is required for the Site Technical Buyer. The PCO team will be co-located with the Product Development teams and therefore located at the plants where product engineering sits.
· 5 - 7 years of experience in a purchasing, engineering or manufacturing related role
· Must possess a 4-yr technical (e.g. engineering) degree or business degree
· Must have excellent communication/project management/financial/analytical/ manufacturing functional knowledge
· Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint; MS Project experience is beneficial, but not required
· Significant product and process knowledge, preferred in various industries, metals, plastics composite and process assembly, more towards cost (how much does it take to make it), purchasing expertise
Commercial experience, engineering degree, some cost model system tools, hands on preferred, CPIM/CPM
As a leading global manufacturer of agricultural equipment, AGCO offers a full line of tractors, combines, hay tools, sprayers, forage and tillage equipment, which are distributed through 2,600 independent dealers and distributors in more than 140 countries worldwide.