Posted 134 days ago in Information Technology
Network Specialist II / Jr. Systems Engineer
Education B.S. Degree or 10 years equivalent experience
Experience 3-5 years
Citizenship Requirement (US Citizen)
Clearance Required Top Secret
Location Washington D.C.
1. List of project(s) or duties currently being worked by the individual.
b. Development support (application upgrades and troubleshooting for Web (IIS 6, IIS 7.5) and Application Servers)
c. Backup and Recovery
d. Active Directory
f. MS Windows
2. Specific role of the individual in the project (i.e., lead, developer, production control, etc.) and % of time dedicated to project(s). Be as specific as possible.
a. VMWare (Participant – 10%)
b. Web and Application Support/Troubleshooting (Participant – 70%)
c. Backup and Recovery (Participant – 5%)
d. SharePoint Implementation (Participant – 5%)
e. MS Windows (10%)
3. Size of team working the project(s).
a. VMWare (2)
b. Development support (5)
c. Backup and Recover (3)
d. Active Directory (5)
e. SharePoint (1)
f. Avamar backups (2)
g. BigIp (2)
4. Impact to the project(s) if not position is not filled.
a. Software release support and application troubleshooting support. This work would have to be shifted to other team members without a backfill, impacting the timeliness of response
5. Assessment of whether the workload of this individual can be redistribution amongst remaining team members.
a. The workload of the (2) remaining senior engineers is beyond capacity, and a lack of resources supporting application support and troubleshooting will make redistribution a challenge.
6. Impact to schedule/workload if position is not filled.
a. Due to the complexity of this environment the workload of our senior engineers is disproportionately heavier than that of less experienced engineers. Many of the problems we encounter require institutional knowledge, and/or years of systems operations and software release experience to solve. Not having a junior engineer will increase workload on the senior and will negatively impact the bureau. Unplanned outages will take longer to resolve, and the quality of support OAB will be able to offer to existing and future projects suffer.
(MS Windows) (10 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
The Junior Systems Engineer shall perform systems design, administration, maintenance, and support of physical and virtual servers located locally and remote in a 24/7 enterprise production environment.
The Junior Systems Engineer shall perform infrastructure changes, performance tuning, backups, and migrations.
The Junior Systems Engineer shall provide infrastructure support to developers working on applications that use Microsoft Windows and Linux as a platform.
The Junior Systems Engineer must be able to support weekend infrastructure and release nights (typically once or twice a month on Friday’s from 7 p.m. – Midnight). The Junior Systems Engineer must be able work till 7 p.m. daily (10 a.m. – 7 p.m.).
· Strong technical and troubleshooting skills in Microsoft Windows server operating system 2008/2008 R2
· Extensive experience with system monitoring tools (e.g.,NetIQ AppManager Suite, SolarWinds, Spotlight
· Experience with virtual server technology – VMWare ESX/ESXi 4.x (or later)
· Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 in production environment
· Experience with NetIQ monitoring tools.
· 5+ years experience in Microsoft Windows 2003 or above administration and server maintenance and system integration
· 4+ Experience with system monitoring tools
· 3+ years experience with VMWare ESX/ESXi administration and support
· Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) or The Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) -- Windows Server 2008 track
Link Solutions, Inc. is an EOE. AA/M/F/D/V. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Founded in 2006, Link Solutions, Inc. (LSi) has become one of our nations leading Information Technology and Management Consulting services firms. Our Mission First Customer Always philosophy ensures that we provide our clients with the best possible services and solutions. We apply and leverage our certified industry best practices and credentials CMMI ML 2, ISO 9001, ISO 20000 to provide new and emerging technologies that produce leading-edge solutions for our clients. LSi is committed to consistently delivering the best-of-the-best industry programs and practices, and thus, ensuring repeatable processes with high quality, low risk results for our customers.
LSi's foundation of success was built upon our commitment to our customers and the many talented professionals that we employ. We continually invest in the development of our team members and provide a supportive, career development environment in which they can work closely with clients and have a direct impact on their mission-critical programs. Fostering strong partnerships with our clients and employees is an integral part of our success.
LSi is an SBA Certified 8(a) firm that has grown from its roots as an IT Staffing from to a quality performance-based solutions partner to our many clients, including: The U.S. Department of State, The U.S. Department of the Army, The U.S Marine Corps, The White House Community of Interest, and The U.S. Courts. We remain strong and poised to build upon our strong foundation.