In accordance with physicians orders, the Occupational Therapist assesses, evaluates, plans, and carries out occupational therapy programs to restore maximum reasonable function and to minimize disability following disease, injury, or genetically acquired disabilities. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
- Plans, organizes and conducts programs in a variety of sensorimotor, educational, recreational and social activities designed to help patients regain physical and or mental functioning or adjust to their handicaps.
- Plans therapeutic care based on clinical assessment.
- Teaches patient skills and techniques required for participation in activities.
- Evaluates, records and reports on patient's response to treatment and progress toward identified goals.
- Integrates occupational therapy treatments with other aspects of patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Participates in patient discharge planning.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
- B.S. or M.S. in Occupational Therapy.
- State licensure as an Occupational Therapist.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
About Ampian Staffing:
At Ampian Staffing, we match your unique skills with the right opportunity. We have been working with professionals just like you for over a decade and we take pride in helping people find the right match for their skills.
Nestled in the Rocky Mountains in the greater Salt Lake area, Ampian Staffing, Inc., is a comprehensive staffing organization with in-depth expertise in the Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire arenas. Our firm provides high-level, skilled, and qualified individuals in Technology, Healthcare, Engineering, Executive Management, and Financial industries to name just a few. With years of experience, our professional staff maintains the highest levels of skill and professionalism, while delivering results that exceed expectations. With your best interests in mind, Ampian Staffing is committed to precisely matching experience and opportunity, and making sure your success stay in pace with your ambition.
View all jobs at Ampian Staffing | Company website