Outstanding long term contract opportunity for Oracle Database Engineer. (Please note this is a full time on-site contract requirement.) Database Engineer, Oracle RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate in data analysis, data modeling, database design and PL/SQL programming.
· Analyze, investigate and recommend solutions to application performance and functional problems.
· Interact with users and develops to understand the scope and the particulars of their requests for bug fixes and enhancements.
· Estimate task times accurately, and helps keep the overall project on target by committing to the schedule.
· Participate in technical and staff meetings to develop solid project designs and good communication among group members. REQUIREMENTS
· Highly organized and able to work independently.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· 5 years experience with data analysis, data modeling process, modeling and system development life cycle methodologies.
· Excellent written and communication skills.
· Must work well in a team environment.
· 5 years experience with Oracle Database Management System, relational and objected oriented data.
· 5 years experience with PL/SQL, packages, triggers, views, etc.
· 5 years experience with Oracle database related utilities such as SQL Plus and SQL Loader.
· 5 years experience with Oracle Forms/Reports 6i.
· 3 years Oracle database and application performance tuning.
· 5 Years Unix and Windows, Linux experience.
· 2 years Shell scripting.
· Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio & .Net programming is preferred.
· Oracle Streams or other data replication applications.
· Knowledge and experience of web technologies including XML, HTML, JHTML, protocols and security. Education:
- Bachelor of Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent degree