Job Description Summary
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations with an indirect reporting relationship to the Corporate Sr. Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Manager acts as an employee advocate for the Brookings location employees. This position develops policy and directs and coordinates Human Resources activities at this location, such as employment, compensation, benefits, training and development, recruiting, and employee services. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Regularly meets with employees to access their job satisfaction, retention risk and overall morale; acts as an employee advocate by developing recommendations on how to address any issues.
- Participates in developing and executing department and company goals, objectives, and systems.
- Provide a resource for all managers and supervisors in the areas of Human Resources including guidance on motivating, coaching, developing direct and indirect reports, as well as employee performance improvements.
- Provides guidance and support to Plant Human Resources Team for Human Resources related responsibilities and projects.
- Supervises the maintenance of human resources records, including Human Resources Information Systems, by the Human Resources Coordinator.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program, assists with filing EEO-1 annually and maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Assists with recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt personnel; conducts new hire orientations, employee relations counseling, and exit interviews.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals; recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to affect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Administers employee benefits program, including retirement plans, medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, temporary disability programs, and accidental death policies.
- Evaluates and compares existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information.
- Develops specifications for new plans or modifies existing plans to:
- maintain company’s competitive position in labor market, and
- obtain uniform benefit package, where possible.
- Implements approved new plans and changes by preparing announcement material, booklets, and other media for communicating new plans to employees; conducts employee meetings and arranges for enrollment of employees in plans; advises and counsels management and employees on existing benefits.
- Act as “change agent” as it relates to continuous improvement analysis and program implementation pertaining to such items as attendance/absenteeism, metrics and scorecards, attraction and selection, and training and development
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required or assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
Minimum degree and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required; a master’s degree in Human Resources is a PLUS. PHR or SPHR certification is a PLUS.
- 5 to 7 years of human resources experience
- Must be detail-orientated and able to multi-task. Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office) required.
- Must be dependable, trustworthy, able to bring energy to the performance of a task, and able to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others, make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal, and get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals needed.
- Strong verbal and written skills are a must.
About Bel Brands USA:
Bel Brands USA, based in Chicago, is the maker of America's #1 branded snacking cheese - The Laughing CowÃÂÃÂ® and Mini BabyBelÃÂÃÂ®. Bel Brands USA also manufactures and markets a number of gourmet and cold pack cheeses including BoursinÃÂÃÂ®, KaukaunaÃÂÃÂ®, MerktsÃÂÃÂ®, ConnosieurÃÂÃÂ®, Owl's NestÃÂÃÂ®, Price'sÃÂÃÂ®, WisprideÃÂÃÂ® and other private label cheese spreads. Check out our website at www.belbrandsusa.com for more information.
Bel Brands USA is an EEO employer and is proud to foster diversity in the workplace.
View all jobs at Bel Brands USA | Company website