Problem-Solving Client Services Specialist
We are seeking a self-starting, innovative, process-oriented Client Services Specialist to support our explosive growth.
This candidate will be the eyes and ears for both the Head of Sales and the Head of Business Development. This candidate will oversee all interactions for customer relationship management - inclusive of both existing accounts and external brokers. This candidate will drive the details of all our day to day sales activities and endeavors. This candidate will be responsible for keeping all CRM data accurate and up to date. This candidate will fully leverage the capabilities of our technology platforms across desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.
This candidate will be incredibly process oriented and technologically tooled. We build and execute on new processes daily. Engineering oriented thinking (problem-solving) and ability to run with new tech implementations (while still running all things client support) is an absolute must. Company Background
The Company is a high growth trading and contract manufacturing firm. We engage in trade, trade finance, logistical solutions, manufacturing, sourcing, and global distribution. We are a highly motivated team with a shared passion for entrepreneurship, working in a fast-paced environment.
We have launched 3 global offices in New York, Shanghai, and Manila. New York operations are based in Nassau County, Long Island. Company Culture
We value strong analytical, problem-solving mindsets and those with sound business judgment. Team members must clearly identify issues and present creative and practical solutions via effective communication. We leverage the use of technology whenever possible. It's common for team members to be running multiple applications across multiple platforms on multiple devices (tablets, smartphones, laptops, desktops) all at the same time.
We do not fear change. Rather, we embrace it. The ability to adapt and innovate is critical to our success. Responsibilities
○ Manage in-house sales (house accounts)
○ Manage external brokers
○ Assist Head of Sales in acquisition of new accounts - Manage sourcing requests and proposals
● Customer service
○ Respond to customer inquiries
○ Manage all inbound office communications
○ Oversee coordination of customer specific artwork
● Product sample management
○ Ship samples to customers
○ Work with procurement team on new samples’ requests
○ Manage incoming samples from customers Previous Work Experience
● Comparable position at a fast growing, tech-enabled firm
● Software / hardware engineering exposure - day to day trouble-shooting and problem solving experience Qualifications
● Hard Skills
○ Strong problem-solving abilities
○ Ability to manage all work related items via technology platforms
○ 3-6 years of relevant experience, showing progressive advancement and a record of achievement
○ Bachelors degree from a reputable institution
○ Superb Microsoft Office skills
○ Analytical and detail oriented
● Soft Skills
○ Charismatic persona
○ Superb verbal and written communication skills - demonstrated ability to structure logical arguments in verbal and written presentations
■ Highly creative, with the ability to understand the perspectives of others and the ability to communicate both effectively and compellingly
○ Proactive and motivated self-starter - ability to take ownership and run projects/tasks independently with limited resources
■ Assertive, with a high degree of self-confidence and good executive presence
○ Organized, disciplined, and process-oriented
○ Team player - teamwork is essential to our successes
○ Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail
○ Flexible and willing to adjust in a fast and challenging environment Incentives
● Competitive compensation
● MeritocracyIdeal Candidate
The ideal candidate is not just any Client Services Specialist. We are a high growth company, where we are building new processes daily to support our growth. We work in a very challenging, fast pace environment.
Our business is global trade. This is a fragmented market which is very information poor. To succeed, we must operate smarter and faster than the competition.
Therefore, the ideal candidate must have the hunger and the drive to want to make our team win. The ideal candidate must have a growth mentality. The ideal candidate must have tough-skin and be able to “run with it.” This candidate must embrace technology in everything he/she does. It is critical to our success. If you believe you are the right fit, demonstrate to us why you are the right fit. If so, we very much look forward to meeting with you. Interview Questions to Submit with Resume Drop
Please note you will have to submit responses to the following questions after clicking "Apply Now" in the Ziprecruiter links. We recognize these questions are different from how other firms run their recruiting processes. We hope they demonstrate to you that we are a different kind of firm running a different kind of recruiting process. Please take your time and provide thoughtful responses.
1. Do you live within 1 hour of New Hyde Park, NY? If so, how long is the commute?
2. Please describe your fit with this opportunity.
3. What value do you bring to the table on day one?
4. What do you expect from the Company?
5. What does technology mean to you? How do you use it in your daily life?
6. Which technology tools do you prefer?
-Which smartphone? Why? How often do you check your phone?
-Which internet browser? Why?
-Which instant messaging service? Why?
-Which email client? Why? How often do you check your email?
7. Please describe what each of the following means to you:
8. What ballpark compensation package do you seek?
9. Anything else you would like to share?