Luxtera job opening: Senior Product Engineer
- Experienced Product Engineer will support manufacturing ATE tests for Luxtera’s Mixed Signal Optical Electrical high speed, >10GB/s products. The engineer will be responsible for early Electrical Wafer Sort debug, ultimately leading to and overall production implementation, and release
- Required: Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in: Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10 years minimum applicable experience as an IC Product Engineer or equivalent
- In depth knowledge and experience with debugging hi speed mixed signal CMOS products
- Extensive knowledge of Teradyne Catalyst, or other ATE test systems
- In depth knowledge of JEDEC Qualification requirements as well was implementing the associated Hardware and test vectors for full implementation
- Must have extended experience in debugging mixed signal ASIC’s in a lab environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with semiconductor defect analysis and SEM characterization techniques, lab equipment and interface programming, data analysis and statistical process techniques
- Self-motivated and able to take on tasks with minimum supervision
- Interfaces effectively with other engineering disciplines
- Self-motivated and able to take on tasks with minimum supervision.
Job duties include:
- Working with IC Design Team in Developing comprehensive test plans and test strategies for post-silicon electrical testing
- Leading all activities associated with contracting Electrical Wafer Sort HW/SW to outside contractors
- Driving reliability qualification testing for new products
- Transition of new products to high-volume production. This includes coordination of test fixturing and automated test development
- Collaborating with IC design and process development teams on wafer level and package level failure analysis and failure isolation
- Electrical Wafer Sort yield analysis and yield improvements
- Good communication skills & the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Use of statistical methodology to analyze and improve yield and reduce costs
- Support the analysis of customer returns and drive failure analysis, including writing of Failure Analysis Reports
Experience in the following areas is advantageous,
- ASIC Transceiver principals and functionality
- MEMS processing and debugging
- Experience with optical transceivers, with silicon photonics knowledge a big plus
- Analog and digital circuit analysis and debug
- Technical Management
- Design For Test (DFT) - providing input during IC design cycle
Luxtera, Inc. is the world leader in Silicon CMOS Photonics. It is the first company to overcome the complex technical obstacles involved with integrating high performance optics directly with silicon electronics on a mainstream CMOS chip, bringing direct fiber to chip connectivity to market. With its award-winning Blazar active optical cable and optics on motherboard OptoPHY transceiver family Luxtera is breaking cost barriers associated with traditional multimode optics and offers a roadmap to high performance optical connectivity and copper cost points. Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, Luxtera is a fabless semiconductor company that was founded in 2001 by a team of industry-renowned researchers and technology managers drawn from the communications and semiconductor industries.
The Luxtera culture is focused on being the best in the world at everything we do. Caltech, one of the worlds eminent technical institutions, provided us with our initial base of intellectual property and serves as an ongoing R&D partner. Our venture capital is provided by some of the worlds most successful venture capital partnerships (Sevin Rosen Funds, New Enterprise Associates, and August Capital). Our team includes accomplished business and technical leaders from a cross-section of the worlds major technology companies and academic institutions including: AMD, Caltech, Intel, JDSU, Lucent, Motorola, MIT, Nortel, Stanford and Tellabs.
If you are passionate about your work, eager to learn new things, and thrive in a fast paced environment then Luxtera is the place for you to further your career experience and growth. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental and vision, 401k, FSA, HSA and more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.