Build relationships between dealers, end-users, and the company. The Product Specialist will be the product point person for AGCO’s dealers providing training, support, and guidance in the product sales process.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set-up and conduct proper demonstrations of equipment optimizing the performance of the equipment
• Manage individual personalized customer demonstrations with key producers, including feature, advantage, and benefit discussions customized to localized end-user applications
• Support dealers in planning, coordinating, and managing multiple customer demonstrations
• Conduct dealer and district sales-related product training
• Develop and maintain a relationship between key end-user customers, dealer, and company
• Support dealers on customer field visit calls individually or with Account Manager
• Highlight special features, benefits, and advantages over competitive products
• Identify features with focus on benefits to end-user prospects, customers, and dealers
• Act as the “point person” for district sales-related product questions for the products assigned
• Provide retailing support as required
• Assist Account Manager and/or field service with special needs and critical machine operation issues
• Conduct components and equipment discussions with sales and service staff
• Assist hosting and conducting open houses with focus on interactions with end-users, directly help retail equipment with dealer personnel, and build dealer-manufacturer credibility
• Provide AGCO Marketing with information pertaining to new products, product improvements, product enhancements, and future end-user requirements
• Support AGCO participation in assigned trade shows
• Computers, printers, and other office machines • Possess a valid driver’s license
• Ability to drive a vehicle
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Must be able to visually utilize computers and other office equipment, to properly enter information, as well as read required documentation.
• Must be able to prepare concise and accurate demonstrations of AGCO equipment.
• Must be able to prepare and deliver oral and written presentations.
• Represent the entire company in a positive manner
• Be positive about AGCO products and respectful of our competitors
• Be a consummate promoter of the features, advantages, and benefits of AGCO products
• Leave dealer personnel and customers more knowledgeable about the features, advantages, and benefits of AGCO products
• Leave no questions unanswered, or have the commitment and plan to get questions answered
• Build confidence in dealer personnel in AGCO, AGCO products, and AGCO people
• Leave dealer personnel wanting to sell and support AGCO products
• Leave the prospect wanting to buy AGCO products
• Leave the customer glad they bought AGCO products
Key Performance Metrics
• Customer / dealer satisfaction index
• Sales of assigned products
• Dealer demos, open houses, training events completed versus targets
AGCO, Your Agriculture Corporation, offers a full product line of tractors, combines, hay tools, sprayers, forage, tillage equipment, implements and related replacement parts. AGCO products are sold under the core brands of Challenge, Fendt, Massey Ferguson and Valtra, and are distributed globally through more than 2,700 independent dealers and distributors, in more than 140 countries worldwide. AGCO also provides retail financing through AGCO Finance. AGCO is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia and employs 14,000 employees worldwide.
Our Hesston location is our largest manufacturing facility in North America. It is one of the world's leading tractor brands, offering one of the most complete lines of agricultural farming equipment in the industry from Combines, Hay Equipment, Planters and Seeding. Extending from ruggedly simple to high-specification equipment, Massey Ferguson's product line also includes vineyard, fruit, utility and compact tractors for demanding specialist applications. Massey Ferguson is also a force in the global harvesting business.