Production Supervisor - 2nd shift (3pm - 12 midnight) About the Job
Summary of Responsibilities:
This is a 2nd shift role - 3:00pm - 12:00 midnight (Plant 1)
Reports to General Supervisor. Supervises crew chiefs and hourly employees. Primary responsibility is to assist each employee to perform to the maximum of their ability to insure quality products for the lowest cost.
Summary of Duties:
• Plan and supervise and be responsible for all production activities in assigned plant.
• Coordinate with Supervisors of other shops to insure efficient flow of materials into and through shop.
• Obtain help from staff departments for such things as tooling, equipment selection, plant layout, labor relations, cost data, safety and quality control to effectively carryout duties.
• Plan and schedule work to meet completion date through Production Control Expeditors and department schedulers.
• Inspect quality of work performed within the department to insure quality standards and accurate counts.
• Search constantly for better ways to reduce costs by improving production techniques, tools, jigs and fixtures.
• Instill in employees the desire to reduce costs.
• Maintain discipline and efficiency in department.
• Maintain accurate records as required for the efficient operations of the shop.
4 year degree preferred. 3+ Years knowledge and experience in production manufacturing processes preferred.
Prior Supervisory experience and extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Ability to work under pressure of time and resource constraints
Must possess workflow and organizational skills; be self-motivated problem solver; and effectively direct, supervise and motivate assigned employees.
Strong commitment to quality/safety/efficiency.
AGCO, Your Agriculture Corporation, offers a full product line of tractors, combines, hay tools, sprayers, forage, tillage equipment, implements and related replacement parts. AGCO products are sold under the core brands of Challenge, Fendt, Massey Ferguson and Valtra, and are distributed globally through more than 2,700 independent dealers and distributors, in more than 140 countries worldwide. AGCO also provides retail financing through AGCO Finance. AGCO is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia and employs 14,000 employees worldwide.
Our Hesston location is our largest manufacturing facility in North America. It is one of the world's leading tractor brands, offering one of the most complete lines of agricultural farming equipment in the industry from Combines, Hay Equipment, Planters and Seeding. Extending from ruggedly simple to high-specification equipment, Massey Ferguson's product line also includes vineyard, fruit, utility and compact tractors for demanding specialist applications. Massey Ferguson is also a force in the global harvesting business.