Posted 183 days ago in Supply Chain/Logistics
MANAGER PURCHASING AND STORES
CLIENT is seeking a Manager, Purchasing and Stores for their facility in Tacoma, WA. As a part of our Strategic Sourcing group, the Manager, Purchasing and Stores reports to the corporate office in Atlanta, Georgia. He or she will manage local procurement, storeroom operations, supervise personnel and develop demand forecasting for raw material requirements. The individual must be self-directed, work with a high sense of urgency and possess the ability to solve problems and collaborate with other disciplines to meet the needs of the Operation. They may also be asked to participate on centralized sourcing teams, special projects, and contract negotiations.
· Sourcing, purchasing, negotiating and managing inventory of raw materials, equipment, MRO, services and supplies from external vendors.
· Working with requestors to understand requirements, specifications, services, and timing.
· Managing appropriate use of national, regional, and local contract agreements.
· Identify and analyze opportunities to competitively bid local spend to achieve the lowest total cost of ownership.
· Optimizes working capital and on hand inventory levels.
· Works with internal customers to identify and address unmet needs that align with procurement and business unit goals to deliver long term value.
· Looks to drive value creation through innovation.
· Supervising storeroom personnel.
· Collaborates with cross-functional teams at the facility and headquarters to implement corporate initiatives.
· Ensuring compliance with all safety, purchasing, fiduciary, stores and environmental policies and procedures.
· Bachelor's Degree or higher (Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering degree preferred)
Minimum of three (3) years purchasing experience
· Inventory or store room management experience
· Experienced with Microsoft Office: Word (document creation), Excel (creating spreadsheets and analyzing data), Outlook (calendar and email)
· Willing and able to travel approximately 20%.
· Experience with local, regional or national contracts
· Proven negotiation skills
· Supervisory experience
· Experience with an inventory management computer system
· A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the manufacturing industry
· Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), or Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)Proven negotiation skills or formal negotiation training
Kenna Consulting provides contract consulting and permanent placement services in Supply Chain Management and Sourcing & Procurement. Access our website for more information at www.kennaconsultinggroup.com