It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s inspiring people to do more than they thought they could. It’s leading the way by rolling up your sleeves to accomplish a common goal. It’s taking a passion and turning it into your vision. Belonging is what it feels like to work at Marriott. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
The Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld
located at 6677 Sea Harbor Drive, Orlando,FL,32821
is currently hiring a Purchasing Manager (NE) (1300007F)
Responsible for following established procedures in ordering, receiving, storing, distributing and payment of items. Formulates an approved vendors list encompassing all categories. CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience Required:
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Assists in Managing Work, Projects, Policies, and Standards for Purchasing Across Departments
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge to Purchasing Operations
- Supports generating and providing accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
- Supports sanitation compliance.
- Assists Executive Chef in all aspects of purchasing (e.g., Food, Beverage and Controllable) to ensure quality and profitability.
- Orders all food and beverage based on business needs.
- Assists Executive Chef in maintaining/lower budgeted food/controllable costs.
- Maintains sanitation and safety standards as specified in the brand guidelines.
- Ensures that proper safeguards are in effect for the security of the food and beverage storeroom assets.
- Enforces item use-up with storeroom personnel and kitchen management to keep inventory at lowest level possible levels.
- Communicates with kitchen, restaurant management and vendors to ensure timing of deliveries satisfies advanced food production needs.
- Checks invoice on goods received against shipment to ensure quantity, quality, weights and purchase specifications are as ordered.
- Uses existing computer programs to perform daily and period end food and beverage costs.
- Maintains inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions, etc.
- Completes administrative tasks on a timely basis (e.g., C-7s, menu costing, general office duties).
- Supports period end inventory according to Food and Beverage and Accounting standard operation procedures.
- Calculates figures for food and beverage inventory.
- Ensures that price and product availability issues are communicated as needed to the F & B Director and Executive Chef.
- Receives and inspects deliveries.
- Maintains an accurate controllable log and beverage perpetual.
- Supports accurate administration of all invoices, and adherence to proper bookkeeping procedures.
Assists in Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to your job.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Assists in ensuring profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Interacts with kitchen staff, vendors and Executive Chef.
- Uses existing computer programs effectively to post invoices, update items and costs.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice around the globe by FORTUNE and Working Mother magazines, DiversityInc, Great Places to Work Institute, and the CRF institute among others. Visit our newsroom to learn more: news.marriott.com
To search all jobs or learn more about Marriott careers:
Connect and network online with us:
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.