Morristown, NJ / Murray Hill, NJ / Manhattan, NYDuration:
1 YearJob type:
Contract Job description:Required Skills and Competencies: Technical Skills:
Must have strong UTRAN background and in-depth knowledge of RF and performance related parameters and their impact on network performance. UMTS RF Optimization Engineer ? Required:
5+ years experience as UMTS RF Optimization Market Lead or equivalent. RF Optimization Tasks:
- Work with RF design engineer to understand the RF design, cluster definition, customer expectation, and network configuration.
- Study RF design coverage maps and identify problem areas in terms of coverage, interference, or pilot pollution.
- Plan and execute tasks to optimize RF clusters in the customer network during the deployment phase.
- Determine test equipment needed and work with ALU RF Manager to order it from RF Toolkit group.
- Confirm spectrum clearance, integration testing, power calibration, and call-through tests were carried out, and all entrance criteria are met before start of optimization.
- Troubleshoot problem areas and provide recommendations for system performance enhancements.
- Participate in providing input to the RF sections in the MOP, deployment plan, CATP, and site logistical needs.
- Generate script files necessary for RF optimization.
- Perform sanity check on antenna configuration.
- Make sure that the Methods and Procedures handbook on optimization is followed correctly and optimization procedures implemented are consistent with Client?s recommendations.
- Keep up-to-date documentation of optimization-related actions; also maintain archives of all collected data.
- Ensure all optimization work meets agreed-upon Key Performance Indicator criteria by launch date scheduled with the customer.
- Troubleshoot areas with poor RF performance. Request drive tests, analyze data, and recommend network changes as applicable.
- Support RNC Rehome design for cluster migrations and coordination with Client?s internal team and customer during troubleshooting of migration/rehome-related issues.
- Support KPI monitoring before and after RNC rehome/migration, identify issues, analyze and troubleshoot and escalate, as needed, for resolution.
Familiarity with RF Optimization Handbook procedures, Familiarity with RF Optimization tools and test equipment, Familiarity with RF Optimization tunable parameters, Knowledge of antenna configuration, Knowledge of ALU system architecture, Knowledge of UNIX shell scripts, Understanding of the Access Technologies (AMPS/TDMA/CDMA) air interface, ALU UMTS Basic Call flow, mobile operations, Ability of using Network Performance tools.