Under the direction of the Divisional Director of the service, the Nurse Manager has 24-hour responsibilities for the effective implementation of the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the Hospital and the Nursing Department and their effect on patient care in the designated unit. The Nurse Manager has authority to make decisions on that unit in the areas of patient care, human resource and financial management.
- Monitors/maintains unit compliance with regulatory, accrediting and Hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
- Maintains current license and knowledge of nursing care requirements for all patients on the unit. Assesses need for personal growth and development and takes the initiative in seeking opportunities to meet this need.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow-through and communication.
- Fosters a service that is consistent with the patient care beliefs and shared management philosophy of the department.
- Responsible for on-going development of staff and unit specific patient care programs.
- Disseminates information to staff members that directly relates to the unit, divisional, department and organizational changes, programs and strategic goals.
- Responsible for effective and efficient fiscal management of department operations to ensure proper utilization of organizational and financial resources.
Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate nursing program required; current matriculation in a Masters Program or a Master’s Degree preferred.
- Licensed to practice professional nursing as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required.
- Demonstrated expertise in clinical nursing practice and three to five years of progressively responsible clinical experience.
- Previous teaching experience strongly preferred; demonstrated ability to apply principles of adult learning required.
- Analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues and conduct quality improvement / research utilization projects.
- Advanced interpersonal and writing skills in order to develop and conduct educational programs, presentations, communicate with interdisciplinary team, and perform leadership responsibilities.
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access and enter data from computerized information systems.
- Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support certification required; BCLS/ACLS instructor certification preferred.
- Ability to effectively supervise and evaluate the clinical competency of employees.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills appropriate to the patient and staff populations served.
- Physical ability to meet the core job responsibilities in accordance with practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served.
- Multilingual skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient populations served by the medical center preferred.
- Ability to manage frequent stress due to critical patient issues, changing organizational climate, and personnel issues.
- Bachelors degree is required
- Experience is required
- Supervisory experience is required
About AP Healthcare:
American Personnel Healthcare Division
The American Personnel Healthcare division provides staffing solutions for healthcare facilities. We manage supplemental staffing programs for hospitals, clinics and medical centers.
We offer a variety of Nursing and Healthcare assignments that give you more options to accommodate your life. For a sample of the available positions that fit your criteria apply today.
Hospitals and clinics require more than medical professionals to provide quality healthcare. The following are some of the areas we specialize in:
Nursing - Executive Leadership
Healthcare Information Technology
View all jobs at AP Healthcare