Bailey Information Technology Consultants, LLC is seeking a qualified Remedy Engineer/Architect in Washington, DC.
The Remedy Engineer/Architect enhances the pilot architecture and CONOPS; and, that supports deployable wireless communications; establishes system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large scale information systems; and/or oversees wireless architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross functional requirements and interfaces; ensures systems are compatible and in compliance with the Wireless Management Office’s policies and strategic direction; evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action. In addition, provides daily supervision and direction to staff.
Bachelors degree in an engineering/ technical discipline from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 20 years or more of professional experience; or 18 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or 15 years of professional experience with a related PhD or JD; or 9 years of professional experience with a MD. Viewed as the most senior authority in discipline.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, configure, and implement applications, specific to Remedy 7.1 or higher. This also includes executing migrations and ensuring integrations are functioning properly.
- Troubleshoot defects and perform system analysis to provide a means for solving technical and business-related problems/challenges or implement code-based performance improvements.
- Maintain and apply Remedy licenses and keys.
- Collaborates with customers to ascertain system specifications and business/technical requirements to create spec documents that meet their needs.
- Work directly with IT personnel to discuss changes and challenges with data on internal applications.
- Create workflow objects for approved customization and RFEs and develop requirements documents based on approved RFEs/RFCs.
- Advises management in the development of short/long-term information technology strategies from both a technical and/or business perspective.
- Prepares and present project reports for management, client, and others.
- Facilitate and coordinate end user acceptance testing, change management, issue management, problem escalation and resolution.
- Responsible for completion of all required Change Management tasks and relevant SOX control requirements.
- Utilize industry accepted project management principles, methodologies, tools, and best practices throughout the project life cycle.
- Acquire and utilizes business knowledge by taking advantage of available resources (internet, books, periodicals, classes/workshops, conferences, etc.) to develop and foster business expertise solutions.
Other qualifications include:
- 5+ years experience in Information Technology, specific to application development and support is required.
- 5+ years experience supporting Remedy is required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience supporting Remedy 7.1 or higher is required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience supporting Remedy 7.1 or higher Asset Management and Change Management is preferred.
- SQL Server database and report programming experience is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Service Request Management and ADDM is a plus.
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: n/a
Potential for Teleworking: No
Relocation Assistance: No
Requisition #: BITC-2012-ITN-024