Citizenship: U.S. or greencard
The Client is a global manufacturer and marketer of precision instruments for use in laboratory, industrial and food retailing applications.
The SAP BI Developer will contribute to the design and implementation of the company’s Business Intelligence infrastructure using SAP’s BI platform. As a SAP BI Developer, you will use your knowledge and skills to develop and implement world-class BI reporting that will deliver business analytics (both descriptive and predictive) to business units to enable them to make timely and effective decisions resulting in profitable revenue growth. This position will support the Group Controller and Global BI Lead.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• SAP BI Developer will analyze business requirements and apply principles, concepts and techniques in developing reporting solutions and strategies as they relate to Business Intelligence.
• Develop/Enhance BI architecture by modeling, designing, developing, testing and implementing the appropriate back end structures (including extractors, DataSources, DSOs, and InfoProviders) needed to meet business reporting requirements.
• Assess existing and available data warehousing technologies and methods to ensure our BI architecture meets the needs of the business units and enterprise and allows for business growth. Provide recommendations on evolution of the architecture.
• Responsible for analyzing requirements and proactively identifying opportunities to utilize BI to meet business requirements.
• Contribute to knowledge transfer and user training when applicable.
• Share knowledge with other BI team members to expand collective knowledge of group BI team.
• Prepare, monitor, troubleshoot, and test BI servers and BI tools for report testing/production.
• Develop Business Intelligence (BI) reports and structures via various tools: BEx, BEx Web with Portal iViews, Business Objects Webi, Crystal Reports, Dashboards.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of SAP experience.
• 3+ years of SAP BW/BI Developer experience including both backend cube development and front end reporting experience.
• At least two to three full lifecycles of SAP BW implementation experience.
• Proven track record of architecting complete SAP BI/BW solutions.
• Balance of experience in SAP BW design, architecture, configuration, modeling, data extraction and reporting areas.
• Cross functional knowledge of other SAP modules (FI/CO, SCM, SD, and HCM).
• Experience in developing dashboard reports, alerts etc.
• Knowledge of data warehousing principals and best practice solutions.
• Experience in BEx Analyzer and WEB reporting as well as in Web application designer and Query designer.
• Experience in integrating and extracting data from source systems ECC 6.0, CRM, SD, FI/CO, SCM, HCM using standard/generic extractors and other tools.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have experience working on fast paced project teams.
• Experience working in a decentralized, multi-national environment.
• Detailed oriented, hands-on approach.
• Results and achievement orientated; assertiveness and initiative in driving projects to completion.
• Ability to work independently as well as in teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge and experience performing development with Business Objects tools, including Webi, Crystal, Dashboards.
• Understanding of SAP’s Business Objects product portfolio strategy
• U.S. citizen or permanent resident, H1B sponsorship is not available.
About K2 Executive Search:
K2 Search is a boutique, full cycle, contingency search firm. K2 brings a laser sharp focus to identifying the "needle in a haystack" and aligning those candidates with a very magnetic group of clients who absolutely refuse to hire less than the best.