Sales Manager Small Engine (OE & Aftermarket, Lawn & Garden, and Power Sports) - Autolite Job Description
: Working with the business unit’s marketing and sales teams, the Sales Manager will play a critical role in providing sales leadership, growth and development of Autolite’s Small Engine business. The Sales Manager will oversee development of strategic accounts with power sports and lawn and garden. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated as well as motivating, have the capacity to manage and lead, possess expert knowledge of the sales cycle, be influential with customers, and have the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
Specifically, he/she must: Manage sales activities:
- Identify target accounts for growth in Small Engine (Both OE and Aftermarket)
- Develop penetration strategies for growth.
- Execute plans for development and growth, providing application engineering evaluations, technical data on products, pricing, terms and customer service support.
- Clearly define current and future market conditions, customer VOC and customer desires in product performance, technical service capabilities, new product/service development and business requirements
- Ensure accounts are provided timely and efficient customer service resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction
- Able to build strong Autolite brand awareness and customer relationships to ensure maximum content on programs
- Create and execute market-driven strategic plan that will result in sustainable competitive advantage in served markets
- Develop superior customer relationships calling on accounts to achieve the objectives of the annual sales plan
- Develop detailed customer account plans to drive increased sales levels and to drive increased customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintaining detailed information on customer organizations, key decision makers and key influencers
- Define customer buying factors and help business units develop the necessary value propositions to win and retain business
- Coordinate sales and service activity with customer procurement/service management and customer service personnel
- Collect and analyze competitive intelligence data independently and as requested
- Develop and execute comprehensive training programs for assigned distributor personnel
- Coordinate customer service needs and any required support at assigned accounts
- Maintain effective communication between customers and internal departments.
- Effectively communicate market and customer information to internal departments.
The successful candidate will be expected to be a high-energy, creative and resourceful self-starter who demonstrates leadership skills and instincts. He/she is highly intelligent and enthusiastic with a commitment to excellence. In terms of personal competencies, the successful candidate must be a hands-on person who possesses the best combination of strategic thinking and drive to achieve tangible business results. The candidates must be able to balance theoretical thought with practical actions. In addition, he/she should possess the following competencies:
- Ability to connect and inspire others. A proven track record of leading projects and teams that successfully achieve milestones and complete deliverables. Also, a proven track record of attracting, developing and leading a world class organization.
- An entrepreneurial spirit. The ability to take low volume business and target new accounts, from “mom and pop” stores, to big box retailers, in order to develop and grow the power sports and lawn and garden business
- Technically driven
- Ability to take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to attain new order quota/product/service and sales volume by product, as defined by the annual marketing and sales plans
- Clearly understand both the global automotive market and the automotive trends, issues, events and needs
- Able to adapt to change and be self-motivated
- Ability to develop, execute and achieve tactical and strategic initiatives through active leadership
- Act with a very strong sense of urgency and with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, team-building and inter-personal skills
- Able to rationally convince and influence using facts and data
- Actively supports Lean and continuous improvement initiatives
- Uphold and solid example of Autolite Core Values and Ethics Policies
- Creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on as well as detail-oriented
- Decisive and logical at thoroughly evaluating issues. Excellent planning, execution and project-management skills.
- A team player and builder, receptive to ideas from others. Shares information and keeps team members and partners informed. Works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with all levels of management as well as a diverse work force.
- Highest level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 7 to 10 years experience in similar leadership role with specific involvement in automotive or national consumer product environment. Educational Requirements
An undergraduate degree in marketing, business or technical discipline is required. An MBA is desirable.This is an opportunity to join a well established company and have a real impact on its future success. We are committed to making the highest quality products and providing superior customer service, and this role is critical in achieving these objectives. We offer a generous total rewards package, including a competitive wage, annual bonus eligibility and a comprehensive benefit plan. Most importantly, you will be working with an engaged and talented team of professionals.