**Candidate with startup experience required**
** IN-house candidates, no contractors please**
Backed by two of bays leading top tier VC funds and fresh off over $10 million in Series A funding. Seeking to build the very early stage engineering team from the ground up.
We’re a fast growing and profitable web-based start-up looking for a seasoned Security Architect to join our organization. The Security Architect will own the security efforts for the entire organization and will be responsible for addressing the concerns of security, privacy, compliance and risk internally to other members of the IT and management organization and externally to prospects and customers.
- Responsible for all aspects of IT security, including application, network and system security
- Build and maintain security controls, including PCI- and SOX-systems. Ensuring other teams maintain their audit controls
- Recommend and implement technical, process, and policy changes to maintain appropriate security levels
- Conduct technical and security evaluations and certifications of various systems and business processes
- Discuss complex security concepts directly with prospective customers in support of the sales organizations revenue generation efforts
- Responsibility for developing physical security, data integrity, availability and resiliency
- The ideal candidate will be a security expert with experience owning all levels of security concerns; including SAS70 certification and compliance, server, desktop, laptop and office security
- Experience with all aspects of security including compliance, identity and access management, penetration testing, vulnerability mitigation and management
- Great people, management and communication skills, experience managing highly technical teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced start up environment
- Experience at a SaaS or web application company
- 4 year University degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience