Posted 20 days ago in Facilities/Maintenance
Summary: Maintenance of mechanical components of geophysical equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· 3 Years in maintaining hydraulic systems of equipment used in performance of geophysical survey.
· Fundamental electrical wiring maintenance of equipment may be required.
· Perform maintenance on geophysical equipment such as winches, compressors and other equipment.
· Weld various equipment components; aluminum and steel.
· Maintain shop area in clean and safe condition.
· Drive company vehicles, transport equipment to and from various locations.
· Mobilize and de-mobilize company or chartered vessels.
· Some overseas work may be required.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Technical School training in related discipline; plus three years’ experience.
· Must have current driver's license with acceptable motor vehicle record; must have Chauffeur’s license, including medical card, Ability to acquire CDL may be required.
· Position requires employee to be on 24 hour call for maintaining equipment outside of normal business hours.
· Maintain knowledge of company policies and procedures
This is not an entry level position
Fugro GeoServices is an offshore survey company specializing in marine geophysics and seafloor mapping services. With offices in Texas, Louisiana and Alaska, we collect, process and interpret numerous data types to support resource development, construction and scientific projects.
Who We Are
Our staff comprises approximately 140 professionals with backgrounds in engineering and surveying. We conduct work from a fleet of dedicated site-survey vessels equipped with state-of-the-art technology and third party vessels using mobile equipment spreads. Assets include AUVs, sub-bottom profilers, multibeam echosounders, sidescan sonars and high resolution seismic for work in water down to 10,000 feet (3,000 meters) deep.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, and operating out of Lafayette, Louisiana, and Anchorage, Alaska, Fugro GeoServices has over 35 years experience in marine geohazards and seafloor mapping. Our work in the Gulf of Mexico and South America includes quality, high value surveys for major oil and gas companies. In the arctic and sub-arctic, we offer specialist ice engineering services as well as traditional marine geophysics and seafloor mapping services.