The Senior Business Analyst will serve as a liaison between IT, users, and management to ensure the seamless realization of business requirements in technology solutions. The Senior Business Analyst will work with business and IT to define business requirements, translate requirements into system specifications, support system development activities, and document the solution for customer support, and test execution. The Senior Business Analyst will lead User Acceptance Testing Sessions. Job Requirements:
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Must help design systems to support ‘to be’ business practices
- Write detailed requirements documents for defects and enhancements.
- Document requirements with Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and UI Specification documents.
- Perform and coordinate the analysis and design of business systems.
- Participate in all phases of the systems development life cycle to support the delivery of quality solution.
- Consult with the business units to develop the business scenarios.
- Conducts and leads Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with business and IT teams.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the needs of the customer from both a technical and business perspective.
- Work closely with business to capture business requirements and see them through implementation.
- Act as liaison between the business group and technical team. Assist project management with project scope meetings, conduct requirements gathering meetings and document user business requirements.
- Perform root cause analysis on system issues.
- Plan and drive User Acceptance Testing sessions.
- Participate in Unit Testing review with Developers.
- Participate in defect reviews with Developers.
- 3+ years Business Analyst experience.
- Experience working with different methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall)
- Personal Lines Auto Insurance experience is a plus.
- Experience with Policy Administration systems is a plus.
- Experience with Claims systems is a plus.
- Experience with Retail Agency Management Systems (e.g.Vertafore's AMS360, Applied Systems) is a plus.
About Affirmative Insurance Holdings, Inc.:
Affirmative Insurance Services, Inc. (AISI), a subsidiary of Affirmative Insurance Holdings, Inc. (AIHI), handles the marketing, policy administration, claim and actuarial functions for certain insurance carriers. With our two centrally located processing centers in Dallas and Chicago, AISI is able to provide dependable service along with a broad range of products to meet your unique personal insurance needs.