Our client is an exciting growth oriented pre-IPO venture-backed company directly participating in the dynamic renewable energy sector. The company has strong financial backing; a proven leadership team; a strong patent portfolio and a product road-map to commercialization. The company is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer
. THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Mechanical Engineering, the Senior Mechanical Engineer (ME) is a key member of the Engineering team and will lead the development and execution of system test processes. This role is responsible for the performance of mechanical analysis, design, and optimization of highly complex grid-scale energy storage system (ESS) products. The ME shall apply principals and techniques of mechanical engineering to accomplish key product development goals. This role will also be responsible for providing project level leadership and work direction to engineering teams as assigned. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Lead the design and fabrication of test stands for pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Develop test processes.
- Perform detailed analysis and design of highly complex grid-scale energy storage system (ESS) products. Conduct design analysis, such as:
- Finite element analysis of structural weldments.
- Analysis and design of unfired pressure equipment in accordance with ASME BPVC Section VIII.
- Analysis and design of piping components, heat exchangers and other process equipment in accordance with ASME B31.3 and /or B31.1.
- Work closely with other engineers as well as the supply chain staff to optimize and continuously improve ESS products.
- Work with the service organization to address issues in deployed systems.
- Work closely with manufacturing personnel to address product line issues. Assess suitability of materials used to manufacture products through researching and evaluating potential components.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Optimize product cost by working with internal departments, vendors and customers.
- Develop and conduct testing and modeling procedures, such as a failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), and system safety reviews.
- Ensure that vendors and contractors have the abilities and resources to support development. May collaborate with vendors on product specifications and component selection.
- Prepare reports of research findings for management; making recommendations based upon research conclusions. Actively participate in product design meetings as appropriate.
- Remain current with market trends and functional requirements for company products
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering required; Advanced degree is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 8+ years experience in the design of pneumatic and hydraulic pressure equipment systems is required.
- Power or process industry experience is highly desirable
- Large-scale capital project deployment experience is highly desirable.
- Highly proficient with AutoCAD Inventor or SolidWorks 3D modeling tools.
- Demonstrable experience in building test stands and processes to test components and systems.
- Expertise in structural and thermal finite element analysis. (COSMOS, ANSYS)
- Matlab experience
- Hands-on design of structural weldments.
- Extensive and deep knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic pressure equipment.
- Team Leadership
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Priority Setting
- Drive for Results
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen