Key Requirements and Duties:
The Senior Scientist, Computational Biology will support the computational needs of the Discovery, Diagnostic and Services divisions within The Client. Key Skills:
· Perform broad types of analysis of high-throughput data from next-generation sequencing, microarray and qRT-PCR platforms (including but not limited to hypothesis testing, time-series analysis, survival analysis, pathway analyses, and biomarker discovery).
· Design, implement or use preexisting algorithms for the purpose of biomarker discovery and sample classification (predictive modeling). This includes applications of machine learning.
· Design, implement or use preexisting algorithms to support product launches including bioinformatics specifics products. This includes documentation of workflows.
· Proficiency in one or more bioinformatics areas and used as a resource by colleagues to develop similar skills.
- Supports coworkers by providing training on procedures and assisting with data analysis and interpretation.
· Communicate clearly and authoritatively with internal scientists and external customers regarding appropriate experimental design and analysis, and prepare statements of work defining precise analysis deliverables if necessary. This includes working directly with The Client Services on data analysis requests and deliverables.
· Other duties as assigned including but not limited to participation in peer-reviewed publications and grants. Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
Preferable Skills and Attributes:
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or comparable technical and quantitative field.
- Ability to define problems, design studies to resolve problems, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret results and analyses to ensure validity of conclusions.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Broad and deep understanding of computational methods and theory related to diagnostics and biomarker discovery including applications of next-generation sequencing, microarray and qRT-PCR profiling.
- Working knowledge of major informatics and statistics software packages and programming languages used for bioinformatics and statistical analyses that are relevant to The Client R&D and Services.
- Good working knowledge of molecular biology, molecular genetics, and relevant technologies and experimental techniques. This includes a good grasp of current issues and trends in cancer research, diagnosis and treatment.
· Strong documentation and communication skills.
· Works well in a team environment.
· Reliable attendance and extra hours when required.
· Demonstrates ability to train others.
· Maintains steady productivity.
· Personable and has a positive attitude.