The Senior Software Engineer will design, develop, and unit test image analysis algorithms and tools, written in Visual C++ for Windows, and delivered as OCX modules. Maintain existing image display and compression OCXs, which include wide-area incremental image display logic. This requires interfacing to various third-party drivers and codecs. Work with GUI developers to design and deliver needed functionality in the COM APIs, to support image analysis applications. Design and develop algorithms for image analysis. Implement algorithms and/or specify/prototype to enable implementation by software engineers.
Collaboration experience required:
• Work with Product Management to assist with requirement specifications.
• Develop and document software specifications from external requirements.
• Present and defend design in design review meetings.
• Develop software in accordance with The Client development procedures.
• Unit test software prior to turnover to QA engineers.
• Work closely with engineers developing image viewing and analysis applications.
• Provide second-level support for customer installations.
• Experience with computer algorithm development.
• Familiarity with COM.
• Familiarity with image file formats (JPEG, TIFF, GIF) and with compression techniques (JPEG, LZW).
• Must be self-sufficient; able to work independently to develop stand-alone software.
• Masters degree in physics, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent experience.
• Skilled technical writer able to document investigations, techniques, algorithms, etc.
• Experience deploying and supporting software applications.
• Familiarity with medical imaging applications, such as in Pathology or Radiology.
• Experience using Matlab or other commercial image analysis tools.
• Experience with patent applications and/or documentation of intellectual property.
• Experience with TCP/IP socket programming.
• Experience developing multi-threaded applications under Windows
• BS/BA in degree in physics, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years C++/Windows development.
About K2 Executive Search:
K2 Search is a boutique, full cycle, contingency search firm. K2 brings a laser sharp focus to identifying the "needle in a haystack" and aligning those candidates with a very magnetic group of clients who absolutely refuse to hire less than the best.