Reference #: 58869 Healthier lives start with you. They start with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
McKesson Pharmacy Systems and Automation has been streamlining healthcare for more than 30 years. Our talented team of 700 employees works on integrated pharmacy solutions that are intuitively designed and tailored for the healthcare industry. Thousands of partners across the country use our systems, including independent, chain, hospital, clinic and nursing-home pharmacies. And millions of patients benefit from getting the right care when they need it most. Current Need We are currently recruiting for a Sr. Software Engineer in our Moon Township office.
This position will require hands-on coding, debugging, development and testing. Responsibilities include technical designs, coding in Java. SQL and Oracle, code quality through unit/Integration testing, debugging, and code reviews and technical documentation. Position Description Responsible for the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of local, network or internet-related computer programs for commercial or end user applications such as materials management, financial management, HRIS or desktop applications products. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming language and technologies. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interface with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in software application design and building n-tier enterprise applications.
- Minimum of 3+ years of hands-on experience with Java, Java Swing, and J2EE.
- Minimum of 2+ years of hands-on experience with SQL and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Participates in technical design and code reviews with internal and external customers
- Perform unit testing and integration testing
- Work closely on a team of Architects, Developers, Q/A, and documentation personnel
- Write software requirement specification documents
- Support existing programs and modules
- Experience with agile projects preferred
- Certified scrum master preferred
- Knowledge and Experience of Weblogic, and Oracle DB preferred
- Unified Modeling Language design: use-cases, class diagrams, sequence diagrams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills Minimum Requirements 4+ years experience in software engineering Education 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience Physical Requirements General Office Demands Benefits & Company Statement We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about our opportunities at mckesson.com/careers
About McKesson Corporation:
McKesson helps health care providers improve business health and deliver better care to patients. As a pharmaceutical distributor and health care information technology company, McKesson provides systems for medical supply management, clinical workflow, practice management, pharmacy automation and care management.