Axeda Corporation, the leading cloud platform and applications company for enabling connected products, is seeking a top notch Senior Software Test Engineer with a ‘test to break' attitude, strong passion for quality, and keen attention to detail. As a Scrum team member, you will work closely with product management and developers to design and implement automated tests that ensure our product goals are achieved. The successful candidate will have a track record and passion for delivering innovative high quality product solutions that delight customers.
- Develop test plans and execute test procedures for complex web-based applications
- Design, implement and analyze system validation tests for performance, capacity, scalability and longevity
- Consult with Development & OnDemand Center to develop creative test scenarios and load profiles
- Participate in functional and business requirements reviews, and help write project specifications
- Work closely with R&D and PS to identify, investigate and resolve system problems and process issues
- Manage defect status and other quality issues
- Assure the timely release of high quality, highly reliable, highly usable, and high performance customer deliverables
- Assist with systems and application installation/configuration
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and QA methodologies is required
- Strong ability to write test plans and test cases is a must
- Working knowledge of Java profilers, e.g. YourKit and JProfiler
- Expertise with using JMeter for performance testing
- Hands on experience with multiple platforms (Linux, Windows), Application Servers (Weblogic/JBoss), databases (SQL/Oracle), Authentication Servers (LDAP, ADS) and Web servers (IIS and/or Apache server)
- Excellent knowledge of Internet/Web technologies, such as web browsers and html
- Strong networking skills and experience working with network appliances (routers, switches, load balancers, etc.) and network utilities (firewalls, web servers, proxy servers, etc.)
- Working knowledge/experience with Internet application protocols: TCP, HTTP/HTTPS and LDAP
- Understanding and experience with high-availability and platform redundancy is a plus
- The ability to work independently and absorb new information quickly
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills in a complex system
- The ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and team oriented
Education & Experience:
- BS CS/EE or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience testing in an enterprise software development environment
Axeda Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Axeda Corporation:
Axeda provides the most advanced cloud-based service and software for managing connected products and implementing innovative M2M applications.
* We take the cost and complexity out of connecting and remotely servicing the products of the world's leading companies.
* We make it easy to integrate data from connected products and assets to business systems so companies can M2Mize their business processes with real-time data.
* We provide a platform and application services so companies can develop new innovative M2M applications that reinvent the customer and product experience and differentiate their product and service offerings.
To do this we need the best and the brightest people. At Axeda, the expectations are high-and so to are the rewards. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs. If you are a driven, passionate professional, we are looking for you to join our team.
In 2012, Axeda Corporation was named to the Inc. 5000 list for the third consecutive year. This annual list recognizes the fastest-growing private companies in America and represents the most important segment of the economy-America's independent-minded entrepreneurs.
Axeda was given this prestigious distinction for posting trecognized for posting significant three-year sales growth from 2008-2011.
Axeda's success through the economic downturn is largely attributed to the bottom-line results that its customers have realized with its award-winning technology.
Axeda's M2M Cloud Service was also named a 2011 M2M Evolution Product of the Year by TMCnet for our significant progress achieved in the machine to machine industry with our M2M Cloud Service.
Of course, Axeda Corporation values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
View all jobs at Axeda Corporation | Company website