· Supervise the maintenance of the general ledgers and related accounting records (including all supporting functions e.g. payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable, job costing, etc.
· Maintain all necessary work papers that become the basis for audit and tax return packages for external auditors/tax preparers and to manage and oversee the audit/tax preparation process from the organizational perspective.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
· Four year degree in Business or Accounting required
· Graduate degree or CPA certification preferred
· 5+ years experience in real estate industry
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as they pertain to real estate required
· Excellent communication skills; oral and written
· Performs final review and approval of monthly operating reports and financial statements
· Coordination with outside auditors, including preparation of work papers
· Assists Asset Manager in evaluating performance of properties.
· Reviews and prepares general journal postings to the Organization’s and affiliates ledgers.