Company: TAE Solutions, LLC
Title: Senior Systems Engineer III/Technical Solutions Architect
Location: Alexandria, VA
Emp Status: Full-time
Reports To: Rick Chapman
FLSA Status: Exempt
- A resource that is solid with MySQL and Database Administration – this is the core requirement
- The resource needs to be a leader and be able to stand up to opposition and offer guidance and expertise – he/she will be mentoring existing DBAs who are technical/have been tasked to get up to speed with MySQL –one of the clients comments is we need someone who can advise/teach us what to do – not figure it out with us.
- Resource should have all of the fundamental database administration skills, (Install, config, managing users, etc.)
- Resource should have experience establishing DBA standards and best practices for MySQL
- Resource should have LINUX expertise
- Resource needs to have experience setting up MySQL clusters, MySQL replication, MySQL backup, point in time recovery – this is a MUST
- It is also preferred that the resource have a solid Oracle background such that he/she can share differences between Oracle/MySQL. Essentially the resource needs to be able to speak to what MySQL does well/what it doesn’t – knows how Oracle does it etc., there is a chance in the future that PTO may revert back to Oracle (its comfort zone) for this so it would be great to have an Oracle savvy person as well
- In addition to mentoring the existing DBAs, this resource will interface with the developers who are utilizing Java. He/she will need to be able to help them make architecture/design decisions that will ensure the application is performing as it needs to in the MySQL database.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
i.e., travel (include %); if there are specific work hours; general office environment; considerable stress may occur at times; occasional long hours; no special physical demands required.