Posted 15 days ago in Information Technology
· Systems design, planning, hardware/software installation, hardening, maintenance, and upgrades to UNIX systems and infrastructure components.
· Backup and restore of data, business continuity methods and policies, system high availability and disaster recovery strategy and testing.
· Proactive monitoring of UNIX systems environment and problem resolution, user support, system application support and Operating System support.
· Maintaining UNIX environment documentation including standard operating procedures.
Some overnight travel may be necessary to offsite data center and satellite offices in eastern US.
· A minimum of 10 years of Solaris Operating System experience supporting mission critical, large enterprise environment especially Solaris 10 on Intel and Sparc architecture
· 2+ years of experience with NAS and SAN technologies, preferable experience with Sun Storage Solutions
· A minimum of 2 years of experience as a team supervisor or lead engineer
· Experience coordinating projects including setting scope, delegating tasks and overseeing timelines and deliverables
· Experience in Solaris containers technology; open source personalization (Apache, Tomcat); patching / Jumpstart
· Experience with LDAP / AD integration experience preferred
· NIS, YP command, sudo, and integration tool
· Strong scripting skills in one of the following; shell scripting and PERL
· Extensive Knowledge of Solaris UNIX server hardware components
· Extensive Knowledge of Unix File Systems (QFS, ZFS,…)
· Extensive Knowledge of Unix/Linux security hardening
· Adept at researching technology solutions
· Proven analytical and trouble shooting skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work within strict deadlines and with a wide spectrum of people BS in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Database experience optional/preferred
Talent Acquisition Director